Detention Love (Kili) (Highschool AU)

Kili Durin sighed, sitting back in his chair

Kili Durin sighed, sitting back in his chair. He was stuck in detention for three hours this time, and all alone to boot. The teachers were all fed up with his antics; apparently calling Mr. Dori 'mom' (not by accident, obviously, it was geared towards mocking his mother hen nature) was 'not proper conduct' and 'degrading to the faculty.'

Oh, Uncle Thorin was not going to be happy when he got home today. Kili wouldn't hear the end of this. 'Why can't you be more like Fili?' 'Look at Fili, he's so mature. Why can't you just act your age?' Well, he was sick of it.

As Kili pondered what exactly he would say to his uncle tonight to try and avoid a very bad punishment, the door to the detention hall creaked open, and a pretty girl walked in shyly.

Kili's chocolate brown eyes widened at the sight of her

Kili's chocolate brown eyes widened at the sight of her. She's so cute, he thought. Gotta make a good first impression.

"What're you in here for?" he asked the girl, a smirk on his face and a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

The girl blushed and turned around the desk in front of Kili, so that it was facing him, and smoothed down her skirt before sitting. "I ah..asked Mr. Dwalin about an incorrect grade on the history test last week. For the sixth time. He didn't like it." Dwalin was the principal, she wouldn't have gone to him unless the teacher who gave her the bad grade to begin with rejected her first.

Kili let out a low whistle. "Awful brave of you to get up in Scary's face about," he commented, scratching his stubble a bit, in the hopes that she would notice it and think him more a man than the 17 year old teenager he was. "Why would you care about a grade anyway? Was it that bad?"

"He gave me an A minus," she explained, anger in her voice (although she was so cute and innocent looking that it didn't sound quite right coming out of her), "when I should have gotten at least an A." She huffed, sitting back against her chair, unaware of the adoring look Kili was giving her, as well as the laugh he fought to hide.

"Anyway," she continued, "what did you do to get in here?"

Now it was Kili's turn to get mad. "I called Dori a mom for telling us all what to do the way he does," he fumed, earning an understanding nod from the girl across from him. "And now I'm serving three hours."

"Three hours?!" she asked, incredulous. "That's crazy! Just for that?!"

"Well...no." Kili grinned sheepishly. "It's not my first offense."

The girl smiled and sat back, "I get it," she said. "Hey..I think we have history together, now that I think about it. I uh...I never caught your name."

"Kili," he provided with a wide smile. Still seated, he bowed his head dramatically, "At your service. And what, may I ask, is your name, o fair maiden?"

"(Y/n)," she giggled. "(Y/n) Nesbitt."

Kili's eyes widened in recognition. "Oh, Mr. Bofur's your dad, right?"

"Yeah," she nodded. Her father was quirky, funny, loud, and the workshop teacher. And proud of it.

"That's cool. I don't think I've ever seen you in his class though."

(Y/n) shook her head and reached down into her leather knapsack, grabbing a Ziplock bag and a water bottle. "I'm in home ec," she said, and offered the baggies to Kili as she took a swig from her water bottle. He discovered it was filled with chocolate chip cookies, and he eagerly pulled a couple out.

"Thanks," he grinned, and took a huge bite out of one of them, nearly stuffing the whole thing into his mouth, and his eyes immediately lit up. "Mm!" Clearly he loved them.

"Made them myself," (Y/n) grinned and took the bag back, pulling out one for herself, which she nibbled on a bit.

Kili finished off the remainder of his cookies in no time, and sighed happily. "Well you sure know how to make a man's day, (Y/n)," he murmured.

She laughed and took another drink of water. "I try."

A few minutes later, Kili broke the silence with a question. "So doyou always get good grades? ...Figured if you cared enough about one test marked as an A minus, your track record is pretty spotless."

(Y/n) nodded. "Mostly A's. Sometimes A minuses if the teacher grading it is a butthole like Mr. Alfrid."

Kili laughed, and (Y/n) smiled at the sound. "What about you?" she asked, pulling out another cookie.

"B's and C's," he admitted.

(Y/n)'s were wide in shock. "Every class?"

"Every class."

"Well, we gotta fix that." She sat up straighter and put her cookies away.

"What do you mean?" Kili asked, perplexed.

"I can be your tutor!" she exclaimed excitedly. "I'll bring those C's straight up to A pluses in no time!"

Kili grinned. "Sounds awesome!" he agreed.

Soon after that, the two of them arranged a time to meet to study and learn, and time after time, Kili would bring her something as a gift. First it was flowers, then chocolate, and eventually he got her a beautiful charm necklace, 'because she was so charming,' he claimed.

Eventually they gave up on studying, and decided to start dating.

Young love isn't always misplaced. 😉

📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱
For EleanorLearn , I hope you liked it!!