Men Among Women (Company x Amazon!Reader) (Part 1)

This is not going to be factual regarding the legends of the Amazon women, just the basic idea of it. I'll be using names from Greek and Roman mythology, probably, but they won't match their original owners. Please enjoy!

UPDATED AUGUST 23rd

—————————————————————————————————————-

Bilbo sped down the narrow pathway, huge walls of stone on either side of him, returning from his scouting to join the Company.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin asked urgently.

"Too close," Bilbo panted, slowing down to enter the middle of the Company. "A couple of leagues, no more. But that's not the worst of it."

"Did they see you?" Gandalf questioned, panic rising in his voice. "They saw you?!"

"No, no, that's not it," Bilbo shook his head.

"Ah, what did I tell you?" the old wizard grinned and glanced at the rest of the company, "Quiet as a mouse! Excellent burglar material!"

The rest of the dwarves chatted and cheered over Bilbo's success, but the hobbit himself was becoming more and more annoyed by the second. "Just...listen, will you?" he muttered, trying and failing to catch his comrades' attention. He finally lost his temper and exclaimed, "Will you just listen?!" Everyone stopped their conversation, startled at the fact that the usually soft-spoken Master Baggins had raised his voice at all.

"I am trying to tell you; there is something else out there!" he proclaimed, pointing towards the direction he had just run from.

"What form did it take?" Gandalf asked in his raspy voice. "Like a bear?"

Every head turned to face him, shock and what might've been betrayal written on their faces. "You knew about this beast?" Bofur questioned in a panicked tone, his hands ready on his mattock. Gandalf only turned away from the company to peer into the trees of the forest beyond them, pondering what to do next.

"I say we double back," Bofur offered, but was immediately shot down by Thorin.

"And be run down by a pack of orcs," the dwarf prince countered, weighing the possibilities of a good escape plan.

"There is a village," Gandalf interrupted, "It's not far from here, where we might...take refuge." He seemed nervous, like the dwarves would instantly dismiss his proposal as they had Bofur's.

"What village?" Thorin asked, skepticism clear in his voice. "Are they friend or foe?"

"Neither," Gandalf answered quickly, much to the displeasure of the dwarves. "They will help us, or...they will kill us."

"What choice do we have?" Thorin asked just before the huge bear roared again in the distance, catching everyone's attention.

"None," was the wizard's answer, and he began to run through the forest, shouting at the company behind him to hurry and follow suit.

>>>timeskip to them reaching the village of the Amazons brought to you by guinea pig Percy Jackson...hehehehe<<<

The Company only slowed when they reached the outer gates of the surprisingly large village, Gandalf pushing through the crowd to call up to the guards on duty. "Let us inside!" he bellowed, panting from exertion. "Quickly!"

The three guards on the top of the wall peered over the side, obviously skeptical of their visitors. "And why should we let you in?" a commanding yet enchanting female voice called down.