part 3

"Stupid place! I knew I should have done more than destroy it!" Sneers Abigal as she sits on her copper throne. She'd always hated golden thrones so she'd publicly announced that all gold be smelted down and poured into the nearest volcanoes to rid the world of it, unfortunately some people were uncooperative and had to be...deleted.
"Relax! It's not like anyone could survive in there!" Her most trusted counselor and assasin, Sade reassured her with a slight,  knowing, smile on his face.

Unknown to nearly all of the world some one could and WAS surviving in 'that' place.
'That' place was actually a highly deadly wasteland which was only inhabited by zombie like creatures of low intelligence and giant, sentient gas/rain clouds. The whole wasteland was covered in a killer gas called SP43, it could choke you with one breath and ravenous storms plagued it making your eyes inch and bleed. All in all the wasteland was deadly even to the the creatures that just so happened to inhabit it. But even with all this a black haired boy was casually strutting around through the thick of it.
He made little sound as the strutted and seemed to be searching for something. He was aggarbed in dirty but regal cloth and bandages. His thick black hair was wild and styled in uneven spikes that hid most of his face and the goggles he was wearing, by his side was a thin creature vaguely resembling a dog aggarbed in a smaller version of the boys goggles and a bandana covered in sand and soot.

"The weather seems to be picking up ay!" Inquires a welsh voice as the boy walks against the wind that seems to be battering him harder after each step.
"No reply ay? I guess I should've expected that. You being you after all!" The voice says again.
As the boy slowly places down his foot a weak, echoing click is heared and the wind seems to lesson.
"Ay, ay, ay! Don't move now. Let me just..." The welsh voice says before the boy bends down to investigate what his foot is on, the dog proving valuable nose proding to the device. "There disarmed!" Announces the voice as the boy continues walking.
"Ay, I never asked where are we heading?"
"No answer ay? Well judging by the direction we're heading and providing that the Colgates, that's my nickname for the big toothy looking things, you see Colgate is a toothpaste brand from where I come from but I'm getting off topic. Providing the Colgates are where they usually are we seem to be heading South-west which would mean heading towards the Florines trees and out of the...wasteland. Is your old pal Damien right or what?" The voice exclains exitedly before the truth dawns of him and..
"What! Why are we going out of the Wastelands! You can't breath out there, how are you going to survive?" The voice asks before the dog and boy stop and fiddel with a bag around the dogs waist before pulling out a seemingly old gas mask with a container at the bottom.
"Oh! So that's where that went! And that are you going to do with that?" Asks the voice before the boy twists open the empty container, a bit surprised that it twists off, letting the air out to fizzel in the gas, leaving a slight copper taste. "And now I suppose we close it leaving this gas in and allowing you to breath." Asks the voice (I shall now address as Damien)
The boy puts the mask back into the bag and sighs before patting the dog on the head and walking off.