Part 8

I sigh as I push open the glass doors of the building I work at.
The cold air freezing my body and a dark pit growing in my chest.
Great! A chance to slip and mess up.
I look down unable to bring myself to look ahead or at people, I don't matter to them anyway. I start walking, my feet on auto-pilot, and start thinking about the previouse phone call.
If only I could tell Tom that I want belive him but...I really don't know how to finish that...

Soon enough I realise I'm close and smell ash and smoak.
Tom wasn't lying, the house is...aflame. No point trying to call the fire-people, Toms burnt down our house one to many times.
Sighing, my breath freezing in the air I look away from the infurno that was my home and plant my eyes on a colourful house across the roud, mostly painted in diffrent shades of pink but every so often a splash of blue or green is thrown upon your vision.

I knock on the glossy black door, the only plain coloured thing out here.
Not even a full second after knocking a wild, young looking, blond haired girl opens the door, a wide grin on her face.
"Hi! You're Caitlin right?" She asks, a warmth in her voice. I nod and she lets me inside.
"So...I saw your house blow up!" She states as I go to sit down. I admire her house, It is suprisingly warm and nice considering how frosty it is outside.
"Yeah. That must have been weird!" I laugh as I relax on a comfy seat near the fire place while the girl walk behimd me.
She laughs before shrugging and explaining, "Not really, at first I thought the loud explosion was me! I have a habit of exploding things."
"Really?" I ask, suddenly noticing the ash around her cheeks and the smell of smoak in the house, only slightly being masked by the sweet scent of butterscotch.
"Yeah. I've been trying to find a safe way to locate possible 'real' people in this stupid universe! As you can see, it hasn't been going so well!" She laughs to herself, her blue eyes lighting up with recognision as she does.
"Oh! So you're one of Tom's crazy crack-pot friends! By the way, I never got your name." I say, eager to change the subject off my house exploding and possible stop the girl staring at me.
"Maddison" She says as she gets up and goes out of the room, leaving me alone.
Finally! I thought she was going to stare a hole right through my head!
I shrug before humming a tune that is stuck in my head and soon Maddison returns with two drinks in hand. "Here, let me help!" I suggest as I get up, take one drink off her and place it down.
"So, do you know how long Tom's going to be?" I inquire as Maddison places the remaining drink down, she shakes her head.
"You should have your drink, it relives stress." She suggests, a hint of eagerness betraying her words.
I brush off my suspitions and I reach for the cup, taking a sip, the drink tastes like strawberry, vanilla and rubarb.
As soon as the liquid gets swollowed a hot sensation burns upwards, starting from my toes and ending at my head. As soon as the heat stops it is instantly replaced by a chill.
"I belive you have poisioned me." I say, trying not to panic.
Maddison laughs at my unalarm, "Seriously? I've just drugged you and you're saying, 'I belive you've just poisioned me'? Seriously!"
I shrug before darkness.

I open my eyes, the white light blinding me for an instant but I soon adapt.
Maddison sits on a chair backwards infrount of me, "Hello! I'm Maddison, the visionary. Nice to meet you Caitlin, the powerfully random."
I narrow my eyes at her before sighing, she's one hundred percent mad!
"No, I'm eighty five percent mad, the other fifteen is crazy-ness. (They're diffrent things!)" She manages to say.
"You're still a weirdo." I shout siddenly, slightly suprising her enough to push her wheely chair backwards a few inches.
"You do know you shouldn't be so....how to put this? Mean?" Says the girl, Maddison as she flicks a piece of golden hair away from her face.
I sneer and stifle a laugh, "You're one to talk!"
She smiles happily as she whispers, "Welcome back! Now I've got to go prepare for the on coming revolution! Viva le France! "
I roll my eyes as she spins on her wheely chair away.
"I should call Tom shouldn't I!" I ask myself before nodding and calling him

*Call*
"Hiiii! This is Tom, I'm totally not finding a way to over-throw Abby right now! Call me later! Byeeeeeeee!"
"Ugh! Tom! I'm ready for you to tell me your theory now! The line is sacure, Mad has promised me!"