09 || Guardian Deity

(Your POV)

Nishinoya rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well I didn't think you'd actually agree. Wow I'm so hyped for this! Leave it to me to protect you!"

He energetically exclaimed to you and then pointed to himself. He's always so hyper, where does his boy get his energy from?

"So um, where do you live?"

Oh, how did I not expect this question?

"... Forty minutes away from here by walk."

"Forty minutes?! Just where do you live?"

You slowly explained to him why you were out here in the first place. He seemed to understand and laughed when you told him you didn't actually know where you were going, and that you were using a map on your phone.

He took the phone from you and smiled, "I'll take you there without this dumb map."

He started to walk in the direction you were going in before he had stopped you. He still had your phone and was typing on it.

Maybe he was just turning off the thing I set for how to get to my house on the map? Probably.

After about thirty seconds, he gave you back your phone and continued walking like nothing happened.

"So, are you new to living here? Because you clearly don't have a good sense of direction."

"Ahh, you caught me. I got here like, three weeks ago?"

"Well I'm going to have to show you around! It's the most your senpai could do!"

He yelled to you, you jumped back a bit from the sudden loud sound.

"Wait how did you know I was a first year?"

"I don't know. I could just tell, I guess?"

You giggled at his action, he acts before he thinks clearly.

"Gosh you're so hyper. Where do you get your energy from?"

You laughed and looked up at the sky again.

"Is it just me or are the stars brighter now?..."

You spoke softly and felt a smile grow on your face. You stared for a few seconds and then lowered your head to look at Nishinoya.

But he wasn't looking at the stars like you had expected him to be, he was actually looking at you instead.

"... Aren't you even going to try and act interested in what I'm saying?"

You teased and a blush became prominent on his face. He quickly tried to deny it and looked at the stars.

"I wasn't looking at them before this but now that you point it out, they do seem brighter..."