38 || Just a Coincidence... Right?

(Your POV)

     Your neck jaggedly cranked its way to the left to look at the hand that placed itself onto your frail wrist like a handcuff, keeping you in place.

     It looked... Beat up. Like it was the hand of someone who had been doing heavy work over the past few years.

    Your head turned up to glance at the person who had confined you in your place.

     "Miss, your keys are about to fall out of your bag. You should tuck them back in and close the bag before they fall out."

     Your attention half turned to your bag.

     He was right.

     Although... it was very minor.

     "O-oh. Um. Thank you sir."

     Your voice squeaked out, and then he let go of your wrist after what had felt like an eternity.

     Suddenly, your hand had felt as light as a feather as the blood rushed back to your fingers.

     You tucked back in the keys to your school messenger bag and zipped it up.

     Slowly you bowed and began to walk away, but only got to make a single step before the man called out to you again.

     "You go to Karasuno?"

     "Huh...?"

     "I asked if you go to Karasuno."

     You turned to now get a better look at the man who was talking to you.

     His skin was darker and slightly roughed up. He seemed like he was in his... Thirties, maybe? And he looked like he had a bit of weight put onto him. Too make it worse, he looked to be about six foot one.

     "Ah, um..."

     "I could tell by the colour of your... Volleyball club warm up clothes you're wearing. Oh, and now that I'm looking, your jacket even says Karasuno on it."

     "Oh..."

     I had completely forgot I was wearing this... Dammit.

     "Yeah I do."

     "So you play volleyball then? It's nice to see such a fit, young girl like yourself doing physical activity instead of just wimping out."

     You gave out a strangled laugh in response.

     You had just wanted to go home already and forget this man had existed.

     But you knew that you couldn't leave until he was done talking to you. And you had no one to help you out with this man because no one would be going down this street from your club.

     Why do I feel so helpless?

     "You know, you shouldn't be walking home by yourself this late at night. You're a girl."