17 || Growing Closer

(Your POV)

     Yachi didn't seem to be convinced when you said you were fine. So she had invited you to have lunch with her. You agreed and she went back to her desk, allowing you to slip back into your mind which was a clustered mess at this point.

     It felt like this had been happening to you a lot lately. Being stuck in a mess that left you confused. Thankfully, you'd soon be able to clear up a lot of the mystery that was your background in this world.

     Your Grandmother here didn't specify when you'd have to go down to Tokyo or how, but you could try to find out if there was a volleyball practice game going on whilst you were there. And if there wasn't a game, hopefully you'd just be able to spot some characters or even just one on the streets.

     Similar to how you had met Oikawa in the supermarket near your house. Even though where you currently stayed was a smaller place, so it proved to be more likely to find a character here than there.

     So you could hope, but Tokyo is a big place, so your expectations weren't too high.

     You had paid enough attention just to write down some notes and not blank during the classes, besides PE, until the lunch bell had rung.

—————

     "(L/N)-chan, where do you want to eat?"

     Yachi asked softly as she stood beside your desk. Reaching inside your bag, you grabbed your lunchbox and something you had brought to drink.

"Somewhere outside, it's a nice day and I could use some fresh air..."

     If you had to eat lunch with someone today, thankfully it was Yachi. She wouldn't give you a bigger headache than you already had. She nodded and started to make her way towards the front entrance/exit of the classroom, with you following behind slowly.

     She had brought you to the courtyard of the school which had some flower beds that had been tended to and some sakura trees. You both sat down on a near by bench and took out your food.

     The sky was clear and there was a nice breeze. After a while, you had found out that it was soon to be around the time when the boy's volleyball team would go for their first tournament which was the interhigh arc.

     Of course you already knew they were going to lose, which was sad, but after that, it would be the time when they'd be looking for a new manager for the club.

     Which is where you would come in.

     You had already thought of a plan for becoming a manager on the team. Since you didn't want to kick Yachi off. You had decided to ask, or be asked because they know about you, but your terms are that Yachi has to become a manager also.

     Sure it sounded lame, but hopefully it would work out. It wasn't like there was much else you could do.

     Suddenly, you saw a hand moving in front of your face, pulling you out of your thoughts. You looked towards the perpetrator of the hand and noticed Yachi staring at you.

     "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you?..."

     Pondering for a moment, you debated on telling her the news you had received yesterday. If she asked what had happened to him, you wouldn't really be able to tell her that much over all, due to the fact that you yourself didn't know. But you could just always say you were uncomfortable with going any deeper.

     "... My dad woke up out of his coma yesterday."

     She stared blankly at you, acting stunned from what you had said. Of course it wasn't something you'd hear everyday compared to what someone would normally be off about.