21 || Acceptance

(Your POV)

     You had ended up wondering into a ramen shop that was near by. It seemed inviting enough, so you took your chances by taking a seat and ordering. As you waited, you subconsciously had started to take in your surroundings.

     It wasn't a huge shop but there were a few people inside. Some business men, a family, some high schoolers, it seemed normal. The place wasn't all that well lit and it smelled strongly of noodles and some sauces.

     Well of course it would smell like that it's a fricken ramen shop.

     The man running that was running counter and cooking orders seemed to be older, there was a younger male helping out, they looked somewhat similar.

     It was probably a family business.

     You checked your phone to see if you had any notifications, but nothing was on the screen. Sighing, you had begun to swing your feet a little as you looked out the window of the establishment.

     It was dark outside from all of the clouds still being present. The weather forecast had predicted that it would rain for a while longer.

     Picking up the drink that you had asked for, you took a sip. The drink felt cool as it ran down your throat, but still satisfying. A small thud could be heard as you set down the cup once again. Beginning to peer outside again, you had gotten an urge to people watch.

     That's always a fun game, you get to guess what they are doing and saying.

     The street that the shop resided on was busy so it wouldn't be hard to spot someone interesting.

     "Ah, there's one..."

     There was a man and woman fighting in public. The man had seemed to be the one in the wrong from how they both looked.

     "Maybe he cheated on her? Hmm, maybe he just forgot something important. Oh, wait, maybe they don't actually know each other. What if he did something perverted? Geez... The possibilities are endless."

     You continued to focus on the argument until the woman had stormed off.

     "Oh boo... How lame. Now I have to find someone else."

     "Have you been watching people this whole time?"

     You jumped at the sudden voice in your ear and swung your head into the side of the wall beside you. Immediately you tucked your head into your hands and let out a groan of discomfort.

     "Why would you-!"

     You lifted up your head to yell at the person who had startled you. But quickly your breath had hitched and you stopped in your tracks.

     That stupid sly smirk.

     "Cat got your tongue or something? I'm sorry about your head but why are you watching people? That's a little creepy~"

     "... Yeah okay bedhead."

     He gasped at the sudden insult, "I've been trying to fix this recently just so you know."