fifteen

{Caitlyn's POV}

Where is Sydney? Jesus it's been a while since I've seen her. Like seriously it's been a long time

Dan sits down on the couch next to me and pulls me onto his lap. "I love you. You know that right?" He kisses my forehead. "How could I forget?" I kiss him and I hear something. "Ugh godamnit Dan." Jensen sits down on the chair across from us.

I wave at him as I plop my Mac book into my lap. I was editing a video before these boys came into the living room. "Babe, what's the video on?" He puts his head on my shoulder, looking at my screen. "Are you talking about-" I hold back tears. "Jade. Yesterday, I found the courage to talk about her."

Dan squeezes me and kisses my cheek. "She's an angel now honey. We're here for you." I start crying softly, and with that comes small whimpers and me uttering her name. "I remember Jade..." Jensen says, looking up from his iPad. "Everyone in the class prayed for her one day. I remember how happy that made you," "Jensen you don't have to-" "A few days after, I remember you cried. Did she die?" I don't look at him. I hang my head low, and pretend to edit my video again.

"She died. Happy asshole?" Dan moves me off his lap, so I can lay my head on his chest. He knows how happy that makes me.

"Happy? Why would I be happy? One of my best friend's lost someone close to them. I wouldn't want to lose Caitlyn." Dan's losing his shit, I can feel his body tense up. "You almost did, remember? She told you she was suicidal! What did you say?" "One less Caitlyn for the world to worry about," He says flatly.

"Dan, Jensen, you don't have to-" "Babe it's fine I got this..." He kisses me. "YOU JUST LOVE SHOWING OFF, HUH? Making sure I know I don't have her anymore." Dan gets up from his chair. "LISTEN HERE YOU SON OF A-"

The front door opens, and I jump up from the couch and run to the girl standing in the doorway. "Caitlyn..." She's crying harder than me. "Sydney, it's you..."