seventeen

{Dan's POV}

Caitlyn's shaking. "Dan... Where are they bringing Jensen?" I look at her, notice how taken back she looks. A while ago, she was steaming with rage, now she's full of worry. "Upstairs to his room. We've apparently got enough equipment for Jensen. He's fine. Just passed out at the sight of blood.

Her body is still shaking, but it slows down. I open up my arms. "Come here you." She looks down and runs into my arms, tears streaming down his face. I pick her up, brining her upstairs while she sobs into my shoulder. "It's my fault." "No it isn't honey."

"He slashed himself after I came in." I open the door to our room, and put her down on the bed. "He would have killed me if you didn't."

She crawls into a ball. "It feels so wrong though. I've been the savior and all of a sudden I cause a panic attack...." The tears come back. First it starts as small whimpers, then flows into a sob fest.

I sit down next to her and pull her into my arms. "Caitlyn? You know why I love you?" She shakes her head as she sobs softly into my shirt. "You're the nicest person I've ever met. No one can make me smile and laugh like you can. You light up my world. You make everyone happy. You're the reason some people are alive. You'll be dorky with me, and cute and girly with Kalel. You care about the small things, yet you don't care at all,"

I feel her smile into my hug. "Should I go on?" She nods again and I smile.

"You'll watch my scary movies even though they scare you to death. You're not afraid to scream lyrics at the top of your lungs at 2 AM. You don't take everything seriously. And when you do, you still manage to make it fun. You'll make faces at me when I'm recording, just to make me smile, even though I'll probably have to edit it out later. You make me try my hardest, you give me a reason to wake up every morning. You're my definition of perfect."

She lifts her head up and brushes her hair out of her face. "Nobody's perfect Daniel..." I kiss her.

"You miss Padilla, are."