16. Comfortable Kisses

"No!" My body shots up as I look around trying to see if I'm still in that weird cabin. But I see I'm in the bed in the twins room, seeing Dexter sitting on the armrest of a chair.

He is looking at me in shock as I just woke up out of nowhere. My hands fly to my ears, trying to see if the blood was still there.

"Ernest and I cleaned you up. We made sure to get you far away from the other wolf in the woods. I don't know who it was but he knew we were there. But, good thing this place is secluded and since Ernest and I are the alphas, we have to protect everyone here. Despite them not fully being in our pack.

"That stray wolf obviously had an intention. Because it is very rare for a wolf to expose its self in day light, that's a death wish waiting to happen. But, you're safe, that's all that matters." He sighs as he gets off the armrest of the chair, sloppily plopping down on the bed.

His eyes were closed, and I watched as they opened, glowing a deep shade of red. They looked at me as he curled his eyebrows in a silly way.

"Ya know, what tricks do you got up your sleeve?" Dexters eyes go back to normal as he sits up, confused." You are my mate, of that is it, then we must get to know one another. Like, what's your favorite color."

Dexter looked around as his eyes landed on my skin.

"My favorite color is brown."

"I like blue. Why do you like brown?"

"Because that's the color of your skin." He smiles, making me blush as I find myself pulling up the sleeves on my black shirt.

"I like blue because the sky is blue and I've always loved looking at the different shades of blue that can occupy the sky at once. It's pretty to me." Once I explained my reason Dexter nodded.

"What's your favorite...food?

"Fries for sure."

"I like ribs. Especially ones where the meat easily just falls off the bone. Mm, just turns me on thinking about it."

"Hmm? You get turned on thinking about meat?" I joke and Dexter blushes, the first time I've seen him do that.

"Of course I don't! You...you know what I mean! Don't make this inappropriate!" He pouted and I chuckled. But quickly he was smirking as he leaned towards me." But we can make it very inappropriate if you want."

"No thanks. Now, what do you see as being the best day of your life?" I ask. 

"I think it would be finding out that you were pregnant with my children. That would be the best day of my life for sure."

When he said that I looked away as I did realize I was his...mate. I had two mates to be exact too. I have to provide them with children, and this was kind of thrown at me.

Slowly, I'm just becoming accustomed to how this werewolf life works. Almost like moving from state to state and going to a new school after new school. Them at some point, you get used to it.

"What about you..." His voice comes out soft as I look at him, my nerves on edge as I become shy. I didn't take this into consideration on what I would say.

"I don't have a day. I haven't really thought about it that much. I guess I'll see in the later-."

"Booo!" He bursted, causing me to jump in surprise." I told you one of the best days for me, now it's your turn. Or, you can make up for it with a tiny little kiss."

Dexter started puckering up his lips, leaning forward as he grabbed my feet, pulling me towards him slowly.

"No! Stop it!" I giggled, now at the edge of the bed as he was on the ground, on his knees as he looked up at me. All I did was plant a tiny kiss on his lips, and pulled away.