31. Eyes

"What does it mean whenever someone's eyes flash orange?" I ask Ernest, since if I wanted to get some thoughtful answers, I'd ask him. He cocked his head, and his eyes flashed red, but then he started laughing.

"There is no such thing as someone's eyes flashing orange! You sound silly! The only time that happened is... there's two options. The person who's eyes ' flashed orange ' can be turning you and that person into Alphas - trying to at least. Or...if they are pregnant...Gabby's pregnant right?"

"Duh. You got me a gift."

"Oh, right...then, um... It's extremely rare so I doubt this is happening to her, but...uh...she - the - um -."

"Tell me already goddammit!" I shout, and he nods, playing with his fingers.

"It could mean that the fetuses inside her body, the twins...are eating her alive...slowly...very....slowly..." I raise my eyebrows, shaking my head as I start laughing.

"That's impossible! Out of everyone here, she's the one infected? And that's impossible, how the hell does a prenatal human - twins - that aren't even full humans or pups yet, eat alive their mother? That is retarded!"

"I know! But...but did they flash from yellow, to orange, then to red...but slowly fade away back into the yellow?" When he asked this my heart dropped. That's exactly what happened to her eyes.

"No."

"You're lying."

"How is it fucking possible?!" I scream, grabbing his shirt collar as I try yanking him forward, but he stays rock still.

"When you...came inside of Gabby, you were still human right?"

"Yes, but-."

"Then that means your human sperm and her werewolf eggs possibly created a...rare hybrid. But, this has only happened once in all existence of the werewolf's, and it ended up...uh..."

"What."

"When it was born it ended up eating the mother, and it tried eating other Werewolves... So it had to be killed... The woman was a werewolf, and the father was a human that ran off..."

I shove my hands in my hair, tugging on the roots as I imagined twins eating Gabby alive. And she's clueless... I just can't see it. She's only been pregnant for five weeks. This is ridiculous!

"Do I have to kill my flesh and blood on the day they are born? I might be ruthless, but I'm not ruthless enough to kill my firsts." I shake my head, and Ernest gives me a sympathetic smile.

"I might be wrong. But if I'm not...you know that it wasn't your fault-."

"Oh I know. It's Gabby's fault-."

"It's not her fault either! Like I said, it is very rare. So it's unlikely. I don't know the symptoms so - why are you talking to me!? Go ask her how she feels and whatever you did last time, do again." Ernest stands, patting my back as he leaves me sitting alone.

What am I supposed to do? Ask her does it feel like someone is eating her out - no that's inappropriate. Does she feel sick - duh she's pregnant. Is -

"What's going on in that head of yours? I could barely make out what you were saying. Again." I turn around in shock, seeing Gabby as she plops down on my lap. She goes off to the side, throwing her legs over as she wrapped her arms around my waist, snuggling into me.

"Nothing..."

"It has to be something. You're lying, your heart." She pats my chest and I nod awkwardly.