33. Hybrid Twins

Liam

"I don't want you getting hurt." I cradle Gabby's face as tears come down her eyes. Her lids become heavy, and I rub her stomach gently.

"But I don't want to lose my pups. And I know you don't want to do this."

"Of course I don't wanna do this! I never thought that'd I'd be thinking of my firsts being hybrids. But I don't want to risk you dying, is it worth it?" I ask, and her head hangs lowly.

"Yes. Yes it's worth it all the way. And I know deep down you want to keep them. What if they aren't the flesh eating hybrids people claim they are?"

"Gabby..." I plead with her, and she still has a stern look plastered to her face. She won't budge, and it's killing me as I watch her cringe at the pain that is subsiding in her stomach.

"I will make you pregnant again. And since I'm a werewolf, they'll be normal like all the rest-."

"I don't want them to be normal I just want my babies..." When she says this my heart breaks, she caught me there.

"That's not fair...this isn't fair... If - if only you didn't make me come inside you when I was human!"

"Are saying it's my fault?"

"I applied it!" I rubbed my neck, so stressed in this situation." I'm sorry. I'm just..." I glanced up at her for her to find the word I was missing.

"Flabbergasted?"

"Sure." I chuckle, I lay in her lap as my head rests against her belly. I can hear the heartbeats of them, making me feel relaxed somehow.

"It is my fault... I am so sorry for making you - no forcing you into this. I am a horrible person that doesn't deserve you or-."

"Stop!" I yell, holding her face as I'm sitting up. She is crying again, and I'm guessing her hormones are haywire and the cause for the swing of emotions.

"This. This isn't your fault. This could've happened to anyone, and we so happened to be the any. Now we have to be the one to make it something worthwhile. Isn't that what this is all about?" I feel a tear trickle down my cheek as I am thinking about what are life would look like.

Would we be judged for having crazy hybrid twins? Are the rumors even true? Why am I going along with what people say, I don't even know their faces yet!

"We're keeping them." I say, and Gabbys face lights up." But if your condition gets worse I don't care how far along you are, they are coming out." I swore, and she nodded as I kissed her.

I could taste the salt of her tears trickling down her eyes onto her lips, slipping into my mouth. My hands held her face gently as my thumbs wiped them away.

"It hurts..." Her voice trembled, and I hugged her some more.

"I'm so sorry... You don't deserve this..." I don't pity people much, but it's almost like the feeling of an actual werewolf.

When I was sixteen I caught some Werewolves and two of them happened to be a couple. I remember my father sliced the neck of one of them, but he added a bit of antifreeze so that she would die slowly. The guy was pleading for us to save for, for him to be the one to die if it could save her. And it's like her pain was registering to him, and when she died, he died moments later.

And I always thought it was because of antifreeze was exposed to him. But know I think it he died of a broken heart and the pain was to much to take, and he had a stroke.

What if she died and I died too? Like whenever a birds mate dies, it dies of a broken heart? Will I be like the bird and the werewolf man? If so I'm not afraid to admit it, because I believe I would die without her.

Even when I was human I couldn't stand being away from her for over a day. And I managed to stay away for over a week, and it messed me up a little in the head. But look at us now! And now she's - maybe - dying from our firsts and I'm losing my mind on how to handle it.

"I won't die...no one will... Trust me."

"I'll try." I whisper, pulling away as I kiss her hand." I'm gonna go to the store. I'll get you some painkillers to dull some of the pain. Do you want anything else?"

"Not really. I'll just lay here and wait for you." She smiled, laying comfortably into the couch as she closed her eyes. I sighed, leaving the room as I was hoping she'd be okay by the time I got back.

But I never knew that I would never see her again... For a long time...

_________________📌 SNEAK PEEK

I grabbed some painkillers from a shelf as I threw them in a basket. Some people stared as I was even grabbing this thing for pregnant women where you wear headphones and you can hear the heart beat of your kids. I get it, I haven't been in the public eye that much but there was a big scene at Target when I was with Gabby and she got in a argument with that woman.

As I got out that isle my phone started buzzing frantically in my pocket, and no one ever calls me. My number is a private number and I don't give it to just anyone.

I took it out as it read UNKNOWN, and I had a feeling that I should answer it.

So I did, and I could hear that whoever this person was was driving. I could hear the sound of a car driving on road and the wind impacting it. Then I heard someone crying, not crying, bawling, and they were trying to say something. It was a female as well, and she sounded familiar.

"Who the hell is this?" I finally say, and when I heard a chuckle on the other line, it made my heart stop. No one chuckles like that...a deep rumble of the throat as the laugh makes shivers go down your spine. Except...impossible...

"Aww, that is no way to speak to your Father."

End of Part 2.