32. Odd Feelings

I've been wondering. Should I change the cover of the book or leave it? Just wanted to ask y'all first.

Gabby

Renee has been following me around lately, and I won't say I'm bothered, but it's weird. I've only been pregnant for a month, and her, Liam, even the Alpha twins are asking me so many questions!

I won't complain, it's nice to know that when you're pregnant you get all this attention. They always ask me how I'm doing and will always touch my belly and asking if the twins always...hungry? I mean, I eat a lot nowadays, but I'm not packing on any weight like a human usually would - no offense to the women though.

Right now I'm with Renee, and I'm amazed at how fast the three have gotten. Elizabeth is still in her baby form and the cutest ever. The others...lets just say they got lucky in the gene department.

"When I was pregnant I never believed - as a human - that I'd have quadruplets. It's rare for humans to even have twins these days especially as the number grows. And once you get to a certain age you can't get pregnant. But here ya are, a hundred and ten in all its glory. Passing all the odds and having twins, look at'cha... Also how are those twins doing?" She passes me a cup of lemonade as I smile, thanking her as I take a sip.

"Perfect. I mean, there's the nausea and the kicks here and there. Sometimes I cough blood, but I'm pretty sure that's just a werewolf thing."

"Have you asked any other werewolf for proof that that's true?"

"No. I'm assuming. I'm not on the best terms with the female wolfs here. Think of - thought of me as a threat. But ever since I have Liam as a mate less men are so keen on trying to mate with me." When I say this Renee shakes her head.

"It isn't normal to cough up blood. That doesn't even sound right to me. How log has this been happening?"

"Since the beginning. Didn't think much of it," I could feel Renee's fear slowly creep to me, and it made me nervous," what is it? Are something wrong with the twins?"

I stood, and she shook her head. I watched as Bryant and Ernie walked in, laughing at whatever they were laughing at. When they saw me Ernie started clapping his hands like a child, Bryant rolling his eyes at his reaction.

"Gabbs! What are you doing here?" Ernie hugged me, and sat in my used to be chair.

"I've been here everyday - almost everyday I should say. I don't know you guys have been." Ernie glances over at Bryant, and Bryant hops up on he counter as he sits on it. I hope my twins are as close as these two are.

"Ernie and I were getting lessons from Couteau-y. On how to throw this and that and slice things up. Don't know what claws are for then. Tell your mate to consider claws as a smarter option." Bryant playfully shoves Ernie and he shoves him back.

I look over at Renee, and I see she's frantically typing on her phone. Even the other two have noticed.

"Mom whatcha doin?" Ernie asked, making her flinch.

"Nothing." Right when she said that the twins came bursting in, and that had Bryant and Ernie all riled up. How Bryant and Dexter shoved one another with their shoulders as they smiled and talked. Ernie and Ernest doing a handshake and laughing. Wait...where's Scarlett?

"Scarlett is in her room watching Beth. Now, we need to talk." Dexter grabbed my wrist as his thumb pressed to it. He was feeling my pulse I'm guessing, and I am confused. Usually they do this but it seems more panicked and concerning.

"Have you been having cramps?" Ernest asks, rubbing my back as Ernie and Bryant are standing back, watching.

"Umm...what if I said yes?" Yes I have been having cramps. But I thought it was nothing out the ordinary.

"That must be a yes because Liam is coming over here right now." Dexter pushed me onto a couch in the living room, everyone sitting around me as they looked away uncomfortably. I was scared, what is wrong.

Is it because of Liam's human sperm and it affecting my werewolf egg at the time? Is something really wrong since that happened? Am I in the wrong?

"Gabby!?" I see Liam rush in as he slams the door, sitting next to me." Has it gotten worse?" He asks the twins, and they nod as I grab his hand.

"What's gotten worse? What are you guys talking about?" I ask, and Liam looks at me with so much pity, his bottom lip almost trembling.

"We...we all have been talking and we believe there's something...something...something wrong with the twins. And we've been monitoring you for over two weeks...and..." I can't imagine what my face looks like. But whatever it looked like it had him frozen as he looked away.

"Why are you telling me this now?" I growl, my eyes darting to everyone's eyes." There is more. What is it?" Liam rubs the back of his neck, and then I feel my claws dig into his skin, making him yelp.

"The twins are eating you out-."

"There has to be a better way to say that." I hear Bryant mumble, making Dexter slap the back of his head.

"The twins are eating you alive and since you're a werewolf your healing inside, but...the twins are killing you...and...and we all are thinking to give you something so that they die inside-."

I slap him in the face as rage fills my veins. Everyone gasps for my actions, and Liam looks at me in shock.

"You...you are not killing my babies. Over my dead body! I feel fine! All of you are overreacting," I stand as I stomp to the door," I feel fine, and none of you will be able to convince me enough to kill my own flesh and blood." I open the door as I walk out, hearing them as they start talking. Liam is rushing behind me as he grabs my wrist, and I yank out his grasp as he twists me around.

"Gabby you don't understand-."

"No! You don't understand! I can't believe you'd consider killing your firsts as well! I am angry that all of you kept this to yourself for over a month, then tell me I should abort my children?!"

"I didn't say that."

"You applied it!" I tried walking around him but instantly when I took a step I felt an excruciating pain inside. I doubled over, grasping for the wall, only to find that there was nothing to hold onto.

My body fell forward, about to hit the ground, but Liam caught me as I held my stomach. I could feel hot tears build up in my eyes, and they started pouring when one of the twins inside kicked. Liam was saying something as he wiped the tears away, but I couldn't hear him, all I was focusing on was the pain. And my worry for how the twins are and if they're safe.

Ernest and Dexter appeared, Renee close behind, and Bryant and Ernie accompanied alongside Ernest and Dexter.

Why now? I was doing perfectly fine, and then when they bring it up this happens.

"Hybrid." I hear Liam say, and I look up at him as he isn't even speaking to me. They're all talking, and I can feel their fear and panic. And it's contagious, rubbing off on me like I did something wrong. Like the unborn twins did something wrong.

But I will make sure of one thing, they will not kill my babies. Or my flesh and blood!