0.5

"Frankie." Gerard's weak and raspy voice called.

"I'm here, baby." He held Gee's cold, under-oxygenated hand.

"Tell me something...something we did..." He whispered with closed eyes. His memory failed most of the time.

"Did I tell you about the time we got kicked out of McDonald's?" Frank watched him crack open his eyes.

"We got kicked out?" He scoffed, voice a broken whisper.

"We got kicked out," Frank admired the small bit of the bright brown eyes that showed. "Because you stood up for me."

"I did?" Gerard coughed quietly.

"Damn right." His husband laughed.

Frank knelt beside Gerard's wheelchair to kiss him. He'd grown weaker but still was the same Gerard.

"Oh my god, it's Gerard Way." A voice whispered.

He ran a hand through Frank's beautiful hair and smiled.

"Excuse me, please stop brainwashing my child." The lady behind them spat.

"Uh, what?" Gerard turned in his seat to better face her.

"Save your sin for places where there aren't impressionable children. You got my child addicted to your damn sinful music." She looked pissed.

"I didn't know that spending time with my dying husband was a sin." Frank scoffed. "Can you just leave us alone?"

"Shut it, faggot." She glared at him.

"Excuse me? You insult my band, now you insult my husband? Who the fuck do you think you are?" Gerard snapped.

He tried to stand, using Frank as a crutch.

"Babe, your heart can't-" Frank whispered but was cut off.

"You called my husband a fag?" Gerard seethed. "What right do you have?! You don't know us!"

"Gee, calm down." Frank soothed.

"Don't you fuckin' tell me to calm down." Gerard coughed weakly.

"Maybe if you didn't act like a pansy in public, I wouldn't call you out." The lady crossed her arms.

Gerard was visibly growing pale, but stood his ground. "You don't FUCKING tell me what I can and can't do! You don't know..." He wheezed. "You don't even know anything about me!"

Frank was still trying to get Gerard to calm down and sit. "Honey, you need to sit down."

Gerard clung to Frank's arm, shaking but still standing.

"I do know that you and your pansy friends are fucking faggots!"

"FUCK YOU!" Gerard fell back into the chair before he could steady himself.

An employee approached. "You'll have to leave."

Gerard just looked down defeatedly.

Frank pushed him outside, kneeling before him. "You didn't do anything wrong. You stood up for me."

Gerard just started to cry.

"Shh, it's okay." Frank hugged him.

Gerard watched the bitch leave through tearful eyes.

Her teen walked over. "Sorry about my mom. You guys are my idols, I really look up to you."

Gerard smiled. "Thanks."

"C-can I get a picture?" She looked at the ground.

"Of course!" Gerard grinned.

"Way to the rescue." Frank muttered.

"Shut up." Gerard shoved him away playfully. "Help me up, you fucker."

Frank looked from the fan to Gerard.

"I will punch you in the dick." The weaker threatened.

Frank laughed. "Fine."

Gerard slowly stood, using Frank for support.

He took photos with the fan, totally hanging on Frank the entire time.