2.5

Gerard had three seizures today. They thought he didn't have long.

Frank sat on the bed, whispering that he loved the sleeping figure. That he was right there. That he could let go if it hurt too much.

Mikey walked in. "Hey, Frank."

Frank just nodded, wiping his eyes.

Mikey sat on the bed, stroking Gerard's hair and kissing his forehead platonically. They'd been best friends all their life. Now Mikey's best friend was on his deathbed.

Gerard's eyelids fluttered. "Mh."

"It's okay. I'm right here. Mikey's here, too." Frank held his fragile hand.

Gerard's breath stuttered and drool dripped down his cheek. He started to cry.

"Oh, honey." Frank stroked his hair. "It's okay. You don't need to cry. We're right here."

Gerard managed to crack his eyes open and glance at Frank. He kept his gaze fixed on Frank.

"Shh, you're alright. I love you. I love you." Frank was crying.

He slowly unfurled a hand, dragging a finger over Frank's hand.

The younger took his hand and kissed the back, smiling sadly.

"L-love y-you." Gerard breathed weakly.

Gerard was in the hospital after his latest surgery. He was barely conscious.

"F..." He struggled to get words out. "F-Frankie..."

"I'm here, babe." He smiled softly.

Gerard fell asleep.