9.0

The gang hardly left the bedroom. Mikey slept on the floor near the bed and Ray was passed out in a rocking chair. Frank held Gerard in his sleep on the bed and Bob was slouched against the wall.

They'd addressed the leaked photos directly. Told the fans they were sorry they didn't give more updates but wanted to respect Gerard's privacy. Told them the truth about how weak Gerard had become and how he didn't have long left. Then, with his permission, they posted a picture of he and Frank on the bed. Frank had been sitting beside Gerard, telling him about all the support the fans had given and Gerard was smiling, eyes closed, hand limp in Frank's.

Later, Frank gently wiped a wet washcloth across Gerard's chest, bathing him carefully.

Gerard started to cry.

"Oh, honey, what's wrong?" Frank immediately looked for the source of the problem.

"Frank..." He rasped, breathing labored. "Frank...hurts..."

"What hurts, baby?" He didn't care that his shirt was soaked from holding Gerard to his chest.

"All of it." He whined. "Cold."

"Shit." Frank pulled him from the water, sitting him in a foldable chair with a towel draped over it. He wrapped the boy in the towel, holding him and stroking his hair.

"Shh, I'm here, it's okay." He pressed his lips to the older's temple.

Gerard shivered, crying harder.

"Shh, baby, I'm right here. I'm here." He swiftly dressed Gerard, carrying him bridal style back to the bed where he wrapped him in blankets.

"Frank, will you miss me when I'm gone?" Gerard laid in bed with Frank the night after he was diagnosed.

"Like hell, Gee, but you're not leaving for a long time. You're gonna kick this thing's ass." He kissed the back of Gerard's neck.

"What if I don't?"