chapter 1: the road leading to hell.

Phillip's POV

It has been several months after the phantom thieves and I saved society from the god, Yaldaboath, it seemed the world has return to its peaceful self. After all the changes people seemed to be more happy and cheerful and remember the phantom thieves.

It was November 1st, my birthday. I had a busy schedule. Today I would meet my girlfriend, Makoto Nijima at her place where she stay with her older sister, Sae Nijima. Makoto wanted to properly introduce me to her older sister and let her know we're datting. Just the thought of telling Sae send shivers down my spine. Who knows what a prosecutor is capable of.

Sae and I are no strangers to each other since she knows makoto and I were part of the phantom thieves; but she never really got to know me. As the time of heading over to their place came closer and closer I felt my anxiety creeping up on me. How would Sae react that her only family is datting a guy the same age as her sister? Let alone being thieves.

I took a quick shower and put my best clothes which were a long crimson red shirt and blue jeans. I put on a green jacket over myself as the weather got a little chiller than usual during the fall. I left my apartment and started my trek towards the Nijima's residence.

It took 20 minutes on foot to get there. Every step I took felt heavier and heavier down the hall. The sounds of each step echo in my ears as my heart was beating fast. The door was in my sight. I took a shuddering breath and let it out before I rang the doorbell. I then heard footsteps on the other side of the door. Next second it opened to reveal my girlfriend Makoto Nijima.

She was always so beautiful no matter what she look like or what she wore. Her short brown hair with her crimson eyes made her attractive. She wore a black and white long sleeve that match her black and white skirt along with the black leggings. I saw her cheeks were a little pink as she gave me a warming smile.

"Happy birthday phillip." She smiled as she step aside to let me in. I smiled as I step inside as she shut the door. This was the first time I've been in their home. The kitchen was to my right with a table that took most of the space. On the left was the living room with a large black "L" shape couch that faced the tv against the wall. The shelves of either side contain books and family pictures that look like makoto's relatives. Straight head lead a narrow hallway where I assume it led to their bedrooms and the bathroom. I look at makoto and asked her directly about the issue at hand.

"Did you...tell her yet?" Makoto shooked her head. She seemed anxious herself.

"It's hard to tell her myself. I'm not sure how she will react. So I decided to wait for you until then."

"I just hope things would go smoothly..."

"Go smoothly?" Said another voice. I frozed as I looked down the hall and saw Sae Nijima coming towards us. She wore her proscutors outfit which was a button up jacket and black pants. It seemed like she just got back from work because she looked a little exhausted.

"Um sis...there's something we to tell you." Makoto began to say. She seemed nervous and I couldn't blame her.

"Let's sit down then." Sae ordered. We all sat down on the couch. Surprisingly Sae didn't say anything as I sat next to Makoto. But the way she stare us down made it very uneasy.

"You must notice that phillip-kun and I have hanging out for quite some time sis. And well...we been datting for several months." Makoto said.

Sae raised one eyebrow. "Several months? Is that so?"

"Yes Nijima-san." I said politely as I could but I could feel the cold sweat down my neck as I chose my words carefully. "We been datting for quite a while and makoto inviting me over here before we took off to properly introduce myself to you."