chapter 18: Speculations

Makoto's POV

Futuba and I exchanged looks as the phone conversation continued.

"What do you know about the Vergara  case Rise?" Phillip asked.

"I know you didn't shoot him, or force him to commit suicide, but you were involved somehow."

"This doesn't concern you Rise."

"The hell it does!" Rise raised her voice. "I don't want you hurt senpai don't you get it?!"

"I appreciate that I really do but this is my problem not yours."

"You haven't told the others?!"

"I'm not getting people involved that I care about. I already lost two important in my life." Phillip said

"Doesn't matter phillip. I'm going to call Naoto and have her help you in this case."

"DON'T YOU DARE GET SHIROGANE INVOLVED!" My boyfriend screamed in the phone.

"Jesus!" Futuba jumped.

"Shirogane...do they mean the detective prince Naoto shirogane?!" I pondered. If I recalled there was a girl who was a detective very young who solved the Inaba case. I heard she was a very smart person.

"S-senpai..." rise croaked. There was heavy breathing on the other end before my boyfriend spoke.

"Sorry I didn't mean to yell. This is my problem. And mine alone. End of story." And with that he ended the call.

I sat down. "This would be difficult. If rise does call Shirogane, she'll be on top of this the moment she arrives in Shubuya."

"Not to mention she will go to your sister with any evidence she finds to press against your boyfriend."

"Which means we need to get to him first." I bit my lip. "But we don't have any solid evidence to press against him. So far it's all hearsay."

"So what do we do now?" Futuba asked.

"I told phillip we all get together later to figure out Hasuke's palace. He's got the name and the role now we need to know how he sees the school."

"Let's get there first before he does. And tell him we got those roles figured out ourselves."

I called Akira ahead of time and had him everyone but my boyfriend to meet at the school. Within the hour we met at the gates and told them about the roles that phillip uncovered and the phone call with Rise.

"That will be a problem if shirogane gets involved." Said Akira

"And by how Rise and Phillip reacted to this person it seems they are friends with her." I said.

"Could it be possible that this Shirogane person is also a persona user?" Morgana thought out loud.

"It would make sense considering that they are friends." Said Yusuke.

"Then we better stay on guard in case she does come around." Said Ann.

We all nodded. "Alright we got the name, and the role; we just need to know how he looks at this school." Akira said as he stared at the building.

"It's not a underground safe house or a base. Phillip already said those." I added in as everyone got their phone out and looked at the metaverse app.

"Let's see...castle?" Haru guessed.

No candidates found.

"Secret lair?" Ryuji tried nice.