chapter 23: principal's change of heart

Phillip's POV

Classes felt like they were taking forever to end as I was getting anxious to get in Hasuke's palace and make that son of a bitch to talk. Once the bell finally hit 3 PM on the dot, I rush to the front gate and await with the others as yusuke and futuba came from their schools.

"Everybody ready?" Akira asked. We all nodded as he pulled out his phone. "Alright. Let's do this."

Hasuke's palace

Song: life with change (without lyrics)

We made it to the metaverse and saw the school. Course the familiar sound of a heart beating fast while the background was glowing red was always an adrenaline rush to see. We immidately teleported to the underground safe room and from there to the vault. The rows of file cabinets that filled the room before were now empty except for one thing that was in the center of the room.

"Is...is that the treasure?" Skull asked.

We got closer and saw a briefcase floating in an aura. Just before we could get close enough to touch it, the platform it was on rose up to the ceiling.

"You honestly think that you of all people can stop me? Stop our organization from succeeding?"

We looked around and saw Hasuke's shadow across the room. No security was around which was causing more suspicion.

"Wheres your men Hasuke?! Or did they all flee when they awoke the demon in me?!" I taunted him.

"You always been a demon every since you came to this world. You and your so called friends changing hearts, creating justice. But there is something better than that!" Hasuke sniggered.

"And what's that?" Queen questioned.

"Chaos! Battles! War! They all can be a cruel parents but affected teachers! This world with it's people are a disease! Free will is a myth, religion is a fuckin joke! If we only enforced our roles, things would be so much better!"

"So you want violence?! People hurting each other?! Nobody would want that! That isnt life! That would be armageddon!" Futuba yelled.

"Precisely! At the end of the year that's exactly what will happen. We will take control of this rotten country and begin anew!"

"Over my dead body!" Skull yelled as he ready his bat "just another psychopath  that needs his ass kicked!"

Hasuke laughed. "You'll kick my ass? Did you forget I know everything about you?! Your strengths and weaknesses. You mean nothing to me!"

"Want a bet on that asshole?!" I barked as I drew out my katana.

"Well before I kill all of you I did want to see how you can fight. But your friends will have to stay where they are!"

"What do you..." joker began but I didn heard him finished his sentence after Hasuke snap his fingers! I look and saw that everybody stood still and their face expressions stayed. Were they paralyzed?!

"J-joker?!" I waved my hand in front of his face with no reaction. What the hell?!

"Time paradox." Hasuke sniggered. "I didnt want your friends to interfere in our battle. I want to see your true potential!"

"You bastard! I'm going to kill you!" I said through my gritted teeth.

"Finally you're starting to show your true colors!" Hasuke smiled. "But it's not enough!" He removed his suit, revealing a dark-red exo-skeletion armor. He then grab two prong knifes that were attached to his hips. "Your parents lied to you. They betrayed you..."