chapter 33: the demon

Makoto's POV

Everyone split up at key points to see where phillip could be. Akira, and morgana were going to stake out at his parents house, Yusuke and Futuba check out the diet building in case my ex attempted to crack the key words for his father's palace, and Ryuji and Haru were going stand by at the metro incase any of the others saw him to cut my ex off and trap him. As for Ann and I decide to hang in leblanc if some possible chance phillip came in we could try and negotiate peacefully. But at this point it would probably be fruitless.

Ann and I sat at a booth inside the small cafe as I stirred my tea quietly that Boss made as the tv was making noise in the background. As I look out the window, my mind wonder of where phillip could be?

"The others havent seen him yet." Ann sighed as she put her phone away.

"Its only been an hour. I doubt he'll show up anytime soon." I replied sadly. "And when he found out about the hack on his phone it will be more difficult to locate his whereabouts."

"If he somehow found a way to get in his father's palace what are you going to do?"

I looked back at ann. "I try not to think about it...but if that does happen...I'll fight him."

"You think phillip would seriously hurt you or any of us?" Ann asked shockingly.

"It wouldnt surprise me." I drank my tea as I heard the front door open by the sound of the bell.

"Ah welcome." Sojiro acknowledged the new customer.

"Hello." I heard a girl's voice. And it sound familiar! I lean to the left to check to see the customer who would Jeans and a sweater with a hood. When the girl turned and saw me I couldnt believe who it was!

"Rise?" I said surprise. Ann looked over her shoulder and saw the idol too!

"Oh you girls know each other?" Boss chuckled. "Have a seat. Would you like a drink?"

"Oh no thank you I actually wanted to see them." Rise jestered her hand to us as she walk and sat beside me. "Thank god I found you Nijima-san. Its tricky to navigate through town and conceal your identity with such a fan base."

"You tried to find me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes. It was that one question you ask me when I had my concert I never got to answer it."

Question? I try to recall what I asked her that day. Then it dawned on me!

"You know a man with red eyes?"

"Thats... "

And before she could answer I remember my ex intervene in the conversation! He must of heard us the entire time!

"I was so busy with showbiz I couldnt get ahold of you. And then what I saw on the news, it sounds like phillip is out of control. Hasn't been the first time."

"First time?" Ann said confuse. "You mean he went through this...phase before?"

"Yes." Rise frowned. "It happened 2 years ago in inaba when a strange anomaly took over the town, called the p-1 grand pri. It was a fight tourinment against each other close to the death. My ex was among the people as he fought to figure out with our friends who was behind this plot."

"Phillip mention something like that to me a year or so ago." I murmured.

"But I'm sure he didnt tell you what really made him lose his mind." Rise looked at me with those sad eyes. "What made him a demon."

Ann and I exchange looks of bewilderment. Phillip? A demon?

"You mean hes like a different person?" Ann asked.