Chapter 9: Doc's palace

Makoto's POV

All of us got into the sewers. Fortunately there was no foul smell or lingering stuff to make ourselves sick. The tunnel lead somewhere but where was another story.

"This will be our entry point." Said Joker. "Now we need to find the route to the hopsital. Oracle."

"Already on it." She said as she fiddled with her laptop to get a layout of the area. Once she got the map, Oracle guided us through the maze of tunnels of the sewer as our footsteps echoed around us.

"You would think there would be shadows here too." Said Fox

"Yeah its very odd. Oracle do you sense them?" I asked

"No. Nothing at all. We're still in the clear." She said as we took another turn. "There's our entrance!" She pointed at a ladder leading up.

"Now we're making progress." Snake grinned. One by one we climb the ladder and push the man hole aside, gaining access inside the basement.

"Alright joker next move?" Asked skull

"Let's keep it quiet and try to find a map of the area. As big as this place is, it will be hard to cover all the ground."

"And with the shadows patrolling the floors it will be difficult to sneak around." Said oracle.

"Stay in the darkness. Shadows don't know what they can't see." Nora chuckled.

We went up the stairs and pushed the door open. We were at the main lobby. I can picture it back at the regular hopsital only this time there were potraits of Odaka claiming how famous and smart the asshat was.

"Makes me sick seeing all this." Snake muttered under his breath.

"It's no different compared to the other palaces we have dealt with." Said Mona.

"Just got to kick shadow ass and steal the treasure." Skull grinned.

"Before we do I want to make him talk first." Snake added in. I looked at him. There was something odd in his tone.

"I know you want revenge snake but I need you to stay focus." Joker replied.

"No promises." He said as we walked foward to the center of the room. "If you were in my situation you would understand."

I sighed. I clearly understood his pain. He and I are not so different as I lost my father due to an car accident and it's only been my older sister taking care of me.

We search the main lobby but every door we tried to open was locked due to the restriction of a keycard.

"Well where do we go now?" Asked panther.

"Someone has to have one. A shadow." I suggested.

"Joker can you use your third eye?" Snake asked. Our leader nodded as he closed his eyes then open them again to reveal yellow irises. He scanned the room and look to see anything out of place. Then he stopped as he looked one of the portraits.

"Something is behind that." He stated. I walked towards it and pulled the picture off the wall to reveal a hidden switch. Curiosity killing the cat I pulled it down. That's when we heard a click sound.

"Over here!" Said Fox as he ran behind the reception desk. He crouch behind it for a second before he stood back up, holding a card.

"Bingo." Snake smiled. "Now which one does it go too?"

"Checking now." Oracle said as she scanned the card. "Back door, left side of the elevators."

We all walked towards the door and put the card in the slot. With a tiny beep sound, the door unlocked itself. But before we went through...