Chapter 29: The Evil Within

Makoto's POV

I wasn't far behind Phillip as i heard him screaming at Akira. i got through the front doors, as students were murmuring what they were seeing. i caught up only to see my ex-boyfriend walking away from our friends.

"we should stop him!" said Ann'

"No." said Akira

"what?" said Haru

"if we stop him it will only create a bigger scene. its best we just all gather at Leblanc and decide what to do from here." our leader said. The group notice me as Ann approached.

"Are you okay?" she asked. I shook my head as i felt the tears on my cheeks. the man that i once love was gone. how did it end up like this? from losing his parents to turning into a different person.

"let's just go." i murmured as i began my trek towards the subway with the others behind me.

a few minutes later...

Yusuke and Futuba were already waiting for us as we all went into the attic. I told everyone what happen when i confronted Phillip.

"this isn't good. If Phillip plans to kill his father, the evidence link to his parents death, the research they made, and the Santos will all disappeared." said Morgana.

"Then what should we do?" Ryuji asked.

"we need to find his father's palace first and change his heart before Phillip does anything foolish." Said Akira. "but we still got to worry about this Russian bomber."

Futuba jumped when her laptop started to beep. she opened it and her eyes widen.

"Phillip is calling somebody." she said.

"let's hear it." i said.

Our hacker press a button as we could hear the ringing audio from her laptop. next second the other end answer the line.

"who is this?" the man on the line asked.

"hello father." phillip growled. it was quiet on both sides for a moment before my ex spoke again. "didn't expect to hear from me did you?" there was still silence from the other end. "i know you can hear me old man...you know you won't last a week with all the shit you've done."

"...and neither will you." His father retorted.

"father you ever heard the old saying: 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend?' we both know your old friend Solomon has gone rogue and plans to use the bomb on his own intentions. you get me a lead where he is, and ill handle the rest."

"and why should i help you?!" his father spatted.

"tying one last loose end. should give you a few days of breathing room before i find you next." Phillip threaten him. again silence before his father spoke.

"last time i know, he was in the old warehouses outside of Tokyo's city limits. you know where it is. ill see you in hell."

"Looking foward to it. Give my regards to that whore of yours when you get there first." and with that, phillip ended the call. we all looked at each other.

"so he's going after the bomber then his father." haru said.

"then we need to get there before he does." said Akira.

"We will go tonight." I said. "Knowing phillip he will most likely attack at night so he wont attract much attention to himself."

"Agreed." Said Haru. "I only hope we can beat him to solomon before he destroys everything."