chapter 37: the man with red eyes

Makoto's POV

I never felt a more powerful shock in  in my chest as I fell on my back as I couldnt move as tears trickle down my cheeks.

He...shot me...

There was no hesitation from phillip. No remorse from him. That's why I shot him. To make him feel the pain that he was giving me.

"Queen!" Everyone yelled as they huddle around.

"Persona!" Panther called as she called a Diarahan spell on me. The wash of relief came in an instant as I sat up, still in disbelief.

"Hes gone too far." Violet shook her head.

"That elevator is coming back shortly." Oracle said with a scan.

"Queen you alright? Can you still fight?" Joker asked

"Y-yeah." I got up as I hoister my gun.

"To think he would actually shoot you." Noel whisper.

"I got him back in the thigh." I said with anger. "To make him feel the pain that he has caused all of us."

"Honestly I dont think he cares." Skull sighed.

"He probably just fuel his rage even more." Fox hummed.

Ding!

The elevator came back as the doors slid open. Then we all saw some blood on the floor.

"I didnt want to hurt you..."

We all squeeze in the box as the door closed, sending us down.

"Oracle where does this elevator take us?"

"Scanning." Our hacker replied. "This leads...to the core of the city..."

"Core?" Violet questioned. "Is that the code for the treasure room?"

"No." I said. "Treasure rooms are treasure rooms where their most desirees are likely to be kept. This is different."

"What I mean core is like a reactor core! If phillip were to destroy that..." oracle gasped.

"Then the floating city would be destroyed." Joker muttered darkly.

"Jesus christ." Skull shook his head. "This guy is out of his mind!"

Ding!

The doors opened as we step out into a metal hallway. There were a few more drops of blood before it stop further down the hall.

"Must of healed up. Hopefully it slowed him just a tad bit." Mona said.

We all ran down the corridor as we past a glass window. The underground area was bigger than we thought. A huge laboratory that look like some military bunker that higher ups would flee to.

Intruder entering advance section!

The alarms went off.

"Shit! We got to hurry!" I yelled as we double time it to enter the lab. Along the way were shadows that were dead as the same scraps on the walls in some areas that we saw before. His sword had to be the cause but to inflict that much damage from a blade isnt possible.

"OUT OF MY WAY!" We all heard a rebel yell.

We looked ahead as phillip was on a bridge and that's when we saw it. He drew out his sword from its cover in a quick motion, sending some red wave in a shadow's path as it was cut in two instantly before it disappeared.

"Holy shit!" Skull stammered.

"That's the sword he used against me." Violet said startled "but I never saw that attack before..."