Playful Heart [7] Shameless

Chapter Seven

 Shameless

“What?” Navaeh and Nate yelled at the same time. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

“I said I found my mate.” I repeated for the fifth time. They were really slow at gathering information and it was kind of pissing me off.

After my encounter with Lysander in the bathroom, I returned to watch the rest of the movie. I felt extremely guilt about everything, and still do. Even when Giovanni kissed my goodbye and the look Lysander gave me when he did, it all just made me feel like shit. If Lysander was my mate, than seeing me if Giovanni must really hurt him. Or is that not how it works?

“I knew something was up with Giovanni the minute you mentioned him.” Navaeh blurted and I shook my head at her in confusion.

“It’s not Giovanni.” I said and Nate snapped his head to me as Navaeh’s eyes went wide.

“What?” They both yelled again and I groaned.

“Seriously? Stop doing that!” I snapped and I heard Navaeh snort.

“Who is it?” Nate asked and I felt my cheeks heat up.

“Lysander.” I replied softly, but I knew he heard me because he gasped.

“What? What did he say?” Navaeh wined and I heard Nate repeat my answer, causing her to gasp.

“Your mate is the sexy cousin? Talk about scandalous. This is like an episode of Degrassi or something.” I rolled my eyes and slouched back in my seat.

“You guys this is serious. I don’t know what to do. I like Giovanni and want to try something with him, but on the other hand, I also really like Lysander. Plus he’s my mate and judging from the look he had when Gio kissed me goodbye, he’s not thrilled with me being with his cousin.”

“I’d choose the hottest one.” Navaeh blurted and I sat up immediately and slammed the laptop shut. I groaned and covered my face with my hands. This was so hard.

“Nikolai, you know you can’t be with Giovanni if Lysander is your mate.” Nate said softly.

“I know.” I groaned into my hands and I heard him sigh.

“You have two choices. You can either continue this thing with Giovanni while seeing Lysander behind his back or you can tell Giovanni the truth and be with your mate.”

“Which ones going to be less painful?”

“Neither. The first one will hurt Giovanni because you’re cheating on him with his cousin and will also hurt both you and Lysander because you’re with someone other than him. The second one will hurt Giovanni because you chose his cousin over him.” I groaned into my hands again and felt Nate pat my back. “Get some sleep. No sense in trying to make a decision while you’re tired.” I nodded my head and I felt him get up and heard his footsteps then his door close. I sat on the couch for a while before deciding to get up and go to my room.

I stripped my close and took a quick shower, then texted Navaeh a sorry for hanging up on her and cuddled into my sheets.

 I liked Giovanni a lot. He was sweet and caring. I couldn’t take it if I saw his face when I told him about Lysander and me. And how was I supposed to explain that? I couldn’t just come out and say the truth because that would expose me being a werewolf, and if I just told him I liked Lysander and kissed him, he would know I was cheating on him.

But would it even be considered cheating? We weren’t together, just dating, testing the waters. I could tell him that I just didn’t like him as much as I thought I did and that there was someone else. No, because then he would ask who the other person was.