Playful Heart [12] Nothing In My Way

Chapter Tweleve

Nothing In My Way

Victor on the side--->

Nikolai POV

As soon as I got to Lysander’s, something felt wrong.

My wolf began to pace as I reached out to feel my mates presence. When I came back with nothing, I frowned. Something was fishy about this and I didn’t like how the atmosphere felt. I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed Nate’s number as I looked around the house.

“Yerllo?” He answered after the third ring.

“Nate, listen. I’m at Lysander’s and I can’t feel his presence. Plus, not to mention the fact that something defiantly doesn’t feel right and my wolf is freaking out. “

“Whoah, okay. Are there any unusual cars around? Like a van or something?”

I shook my head as I looked around the street. “No. There’s only a red car that’s always parked across the street and there’s a –“ I narrowed my eyes as I saw what looked like a black Escalade parked on the curb. I saw the window roll down and a man point a gun out of it. “Ah shit.” I sighed and quickly ducked as he fired the gun. I dropped my phone in the process and went to pick it up, thinking I escaped the bullet, when I felt a sharp prick in my neck.

I winced and reached up, pulling out a needle. They didn’t shoot bullets at me.

They fucking tranquillized me!

I crumbled to the ground as my ligaments stopped responding. My vision was going in and out and I could hear Nate calling out at me from my phone and footsteps. Heavy footsteps. I felt someone pick me up and throw me over their shoulder. I sighed and tried to gather my surroundings, but with the medicine kicking in, my vision was fading fast, and soon, all I saw was black.

LYSANDER POV

The simple fact that the fucker knocked me out again had me pissed, but now as I watched his lackies tie up a blind-folded Nikolai, my blood was boiling with anger. I could tell he was unconscious because if he wasn’t, he would be kicking and screaming right now. I heard a familiar voice from the doorway, and I snapped my head to it, glaring at the man walking in. He stopped and looked at me, then to Nikolai and then back to me, that same creepy smile he always had on flashing at me.

“Well, isn’t this sweet. I only told them to tie him up, never said what room.” He held his arms up and swiveled around, “And here they put him. The same room as you.”

“Cut the shit. Why are we here? What did we do?” I demanded and he just smirked and started talking to the other men in the room in hushed tones. I felt my anger flaring up again. “Answer me you piece of shit or I will cut your dick off. Non posso credere che mi hai appena ignorato! Il cazzo ti credi di essere?” I heard him laugh and turn around to me. I should have seen the kick coming, because let’s face it; this guy loved hitting me in the face.

But it’s nothing I haven’t taken before. I felt my jaw pop out of place and I was guessing he heard it too because he bent down and popped it back into place. I yelled out in pain and we all turned when Nikolai made noises, indicating he was waking up. Victor looked back at me and smiled.

“It seems your little mate isn’t telling you everything, and as much as I wish to stay and watch you two fight, I have to leave to attend my party.” He stood up and snapped his fingers. “Go get things prepared. I have a feeling none of them will be giving us the information we need easily.” He turned and walked out of the room, his men following until the door closed and it was just me and Nikolai.