Playful Heart [11] Take it or Leave it

Chapter Eleven

Take it or Leave it

  Hazel on the side------>

 When I woke up in the morning, I was saddened to feel an empty space beside me and no warmth. I rolled over and sighed as I saw the bed empty. I was about to let the worst of my thoughts take over, until I heard the sound of a door open and close, and Lysander walking in and rubbing a towel against his hair. When he saw me, he smiled and walked over to sit beside me on the bed.

“Good morning. I was hoping I could get food before you woke up.” He said kissing me softly and I smiled. I could so get used to this.

“You’re fine. Why don’t I get dressed and then we get breakfast together?” I suggested, getting a nod of approval from my mate. I quickly got up, finding myself not the least bit self-conscious about my body’s state as I walked over to my clothes. Once I was dressed, I looked over and saw Lysander had just finished putting his hoodie back on and I frowned. He looked over at me and his face dropped.

“What? What is wrong?” I shook my head, quickly throwing a smile back on my face. He sounded so worried, and the reason I had frowned was not something he needed to worry about.

“Nothing! I just—I didn’t want you to cover up your tattoos.” I replied softly, and he looked shocked at my answer, but then smirked.

“Well, if we’re on the subject of not wanting, I could say quite a few thinks I didn’t want you to do.”  I blushed and quickly turned my face from him. He made it so easy for me to get all flustered, and I wasn’t used to it. I had never been this intimate with someone before. Hell, I had never even had a relationship before this.

All of this was new to me, and so far, I was enjoying it.

“Lysander. As much as I want to repeat what we did last night and then some, I’m still really sore.” Then I witnessed for the first time, Lysander pouting. And if that didn’t make me want to push him down and take him again. Screw my aching ass, if he kept pouting like that. I bit down on my lip as I thought of all the things I could do. We could do.

“Stop doing that.” Lysander snapped, making the mood die and me to look at him confused once again. He did the same thing last night when I bit my lip.

“Do you not like it when I bite my lip?” I asked, curious as to why the action made him so angry.

“It’s not that I don’t like it. It just makes me want to do so many things to you, and I don’t want to hurt you more. Which is why we should leave now, so there’s a less likely chance that I could shove you back on that bed.” I smirked at him as he put his hands on my shoulders and walked us to, and out the door. I knew that was a lie, or close to it. Normally when wolves first mate, it’s like they’re stuck in the honeymoon phase. You want to be together, do everything together. Basically never leave each other’s sides, and you also want to have sex.

Every. Single. Second.

I could control myself, because that’s what we are raised to do. Lysander on the other hand, probably not. But I had faith in him. Faith that he would most likely pull me into an alleyway or empty room, and have his way with me.

And for some reason, I was okay with that.

I couldn’t keep the lovesick smile off my face as we entered the elevator and Lysander took my hand in his. I was so getting used to this. “So, where do you wish to eat?” He asked, smiling down at me. I opened my mouth to answer, but my phone started going off.

“What? I turned it off.” I questioned, pulling it out of my pocket to see it was indeed, till turned off. I looked at Lysander and he held his finger up. I watched him pull his phone out of his pocket and sure enough, it was his. He slid the bar to answer the call and put the phone to his ear.