Playful Heart [13] Hurricane

Chapter Thirteen

Hurricane

I stared out the plane window and leaned my head back against the seat.  Hazel had managed to stitch up the serious looking wounds and we had sterilized Lysander enough to get him on the plane. He still hadn't woken up yet and carrying him into the terminal was the most awkward experience ever.

The security almost didn't let us through, so we told them he was sick and his medicine had knocked him out. That honestly wasn't entirely a lie. He had woken up, but Hazel injected him some liquid I was assuming was illegal since she wouldn't tell me what it was. But she claimed it was safe so I decided to go on her word.

I glanced over at the still sleeping Lysander and smiled. He was going to be ecstatic when he found out we were going to Italy.

I was a little sad that I had never gotten the chance to talk to him about his Aunt and Uncles place. Nate had already booked a hotel near Victor's mansion, so there was no chance we would be staying at Lysander's home. I was hoping though, that the hotel was close to his hometown so we could at least visit.

I decided to look across the aisle at Essie, Hazel and Nate. The other two seemed to be fast asleep, but Essie was just sitting there, staring straight ahead. I raised an eyebrow at her as the words from the man at Victors dungeon came floating back.

Something was going on with Essie.

And something big if Victor was trying to get her back safely.

I heard Lysander grunt, and turned my attention back to him only to see him shift so his head was lying on my shoulder. I smiled to myself and rested my head on top of his and felt my eyes closing. But I didn't miss the hard stare Essie was giving me before I blanked.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I jolted awake when I felt someone shake my shoulder and saw Nate standing next to our seats.

"Planes landed." He informed me and I opened my mouth to yawn widely before unbuckling my seatbelt and reaching over to do the same for Lysander. "I can't believe he's still knocked out." Nate whispered as I unclicked his belt and stood up.

"Yeah, same here. I keep checking to see if he's breathing." I chuckled and Nate gave a little laugh, before taking one of Lysander's arms, while I took the other. We shuffled off the plane and met up with Hazel and Essie, who were waiting with our luggage.

"I didn't give him that much..." I heard Hazel whisper as we approached.

"Oh, I think that's done passed through him. Now he's just sleeping." I said as I looked down at him and then back up. "Actually, can we sit him down first and try to wake him up?" I suggested. By the looks on everyone's faces, mainly just Nate and Hazel, I knew they were going to say no. Essie was still as blank faced as ever. I swear she could give Kirsten Stewart a run for her money.

"Let me rephrase that. We're waiting until Lysander is awake before going to the hotel, clear?" I ordered. I was going to be a mother fucking Alpha soon. So right now is when I start acting like it.

"Crystal." Nate chirped and I rolled my eyes at him. We walked over to one of the benches and I set my mate down before bending down in front of him.

"Lysander." I called out to him. I saw his eye twitch and waited for him to open them, but he didn't and I sighed. "Lysander, you need to wake up." I said again, this time louder, but his eyes remained closed.

"Maybe you should smack him?" Nate suggested and I gave him a drool stare.

"I am no smacking my mate." I deadpanned. Nate scoffed, "Well how else are we gonna-"The sound of skin on skin filled the air and I growled, turning around to see Essie standing beside a now awake Lysander, her hand raised.