Playful Heart [9] Sunday

Okay, so I changed who plays Lysander because, reasons. So, I introduce you to the new Lysander, Stephen James!! (Lysander has his face and body and shit, but not the tattoos, well...some...lol)

Chapter Nine

 Sunday

I didn’t tell Nate the real reason for trying to Skype Navaeh.

The lie I said, was that we needed to talk to her about Essie, even though that wasn’t really a lie. But the real reason I was being so persistent with getting in contact with her, was for the hopes that my dad would be in the room.

I needed to talk to him.

Guaranteed, he would try to convince me to come back, but that wasn’t what our conversation was about. I wanted to tell him everything. No, I needed to tell him about everything. Lysander being my mate, the shape shifters on our asses and now, Essie.

I glanced over to see her staring at the computer while Nate tried for the fourth time to call Navaeh. The was no emotion on her face and I wondered if I could blame her husband for that. What kind of husband marries you, says he loves you and then abuses you for not liking who you are? A husband should accept your decisions, and if he really doesn’t like them, he should try and resolve it in a mannered way.

Not lock you in a box and beat the shit out of you.

I could tell Essie was strong though. Throughout those years of torture, she watched and leaned and I’m sure that if she came face-to-face with someone who threatened her life, she could beat them down in a millisecond.

So why was she running from her husband and his men?

“Nikolai, can we please stop doing this? She’s not going to answer.” Nate whined. I rolled my eyes at him. He always whines.

“No. Keep trying. We need to talk to her.” I ordered and he narrowed his eyes at me.

“I don’t think you want to talk to Navaeh.” I jerked my head back and gave him a baffled look.

“Of course I want to talk to Navaeh. She’s my cousin.” I snapped.

“Spit it out Kolya. Who do you really want to talk to.” I bit my lip and looked at the ground. I should tell him. He would find out anyway once my dad popped up. I took a deep breath and looked up at him.

“I wanted to talk to my dad.”

“Hell no.”

“Nate! Seriously? I need to talk to him!”

“No you don’t! He’s just going to try and bring us ba—“ I heard someone clear their throat and looked over at the computer screen, letting out a high-pitched scream as I saw Navaeh, Tyler and Ryder sitting in front of the camera.

“You called them again?” I asked Nate and he shook his head, his eyes wide.

“I did.” I looked to Essie staring at us. She pushed her hair over her shoulder. “You two were fighting and I thought I could help and try calling again. Surprise, it worked.” The fact that she said all that without a hint of emotion in her voice was comical, but I was to freaked out to laugh.

God, why did I think calling my dad was a good thing?

“Boys.” My dad’s authoritative voice rang through the speakers and I felt a chill run down my spine. He was not happy.

But he wasn’t pissed. This was good.

“Hey dad.” I finally said in a shaky voice, forcing a smile on my lips. “Didn’t expect to see you there.” My dad narrowed his eyes.