Playful Heart [18] Goodbye Mr. A

Chapter Eighteen

Goodbye Mr. A

Today was the day…and I felt like shit.

Essie still hadn’t made any signs of coming back and Nate and I…well, we hadn’t spoken since I yelled at him. I felt horrible because I really wanted to talk to him. I was getting married after and made Alpha, so it was reasonable for me to want my best friend here with me.

He was going to be my Beta. That is, if he still wanted to.

I groaned and threw my head into my pillow. We had five hours until the guest started to arrive and I was still in my boxers, twirled around my blankets. I heard a door open and saw Lysander walking out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist and water dripping down those delicious abs. I found myself staring at not only his muscles, but his tattoos. I just wanted to kiss them, run my hands along them—

I bit my lip to surpass a moan and put my head back in my pillow.

“Babe. You have to get up.” Lysander cooed as he walked over to my side of the bed. I stared at him for a while before huffing and rolling over. He groaned and I watched as he walked over to the other side, giving me that look. You know, the one your mom gives you when she’s tired of you acting like a little shit.

Yeah. That one.

“Kolya, you have to get up.” He tried again, but I just glared at him and rolled over again.

“Lord help me.” I heard him mumble in Italian and I narrowed my eyes. He’s been helping me learn his native language, and since I was a quick learner, I knew almost half the language. It was the only way I could talk naughty to him without my parents or anyone else knowing what I was saying.

Because if they did, I would be so embarrassed.

“Why won’t you get up?” He finally asked. Maybe because my best friend hates me? Or maybe it’s because the one person I was trying to protect just ran off. I sighed and sat up, moving my hair so it wasn’t hanging in my face.

“I miss Nate.” I whispered. I truly did miss him. Planning the wedding would have been exciting, not that it wasn’t already. But with Nate, he always had to crack a joke at something, and I missed that. “I want my best friend back.”

Lysander walked over and sat down in front of, grabbing my hands. “Nikolai, look at me.” I obeyed and met his eyes, suddenly feeling the calm that was swimming in them, wash over me.

“Go talk to him. I’ve seen him around the house and he doesn’t look happy. I’m sure he misses you too.”

“But what if he doesn’t?” I spoke the one thing that I feared. I was terrified that if I went to talk to him, I would see how much happier he was without me.

“Kolya.” My eyes widened at how serious his voice got when he called my name. “Go talk to him. I want him at our wedding as much as you do. Now go.” He ordered and I sighed. No point in not listening to him. He would just refuse to give me sexy time and that wouldn’t do. I climbed out of the bed, sliding on some random clothes. I was going to be forced out of them to put on my tuxedo so it didn’t matter.

“Wish me luck.” I mumbled under my breath. I hurried out of my room and towards where Nate and Hazel were staying. I was hoping she wouldn’t be there, simply because I was still pissed off at what she did. I sighed and nodded my head at everyone who greeted me. I felt bad for the others living in the pack house. My mom and Aunts were pushing them around, trying to get everything set up for the events happening tonight.

I honestly just wanted to curl up in bed with Lysander and ignore it all, but alas, I had to face the music.

The really annoying music that was my mother.