Playful Heart [15] Sissy That Walk

Chapter Fifteen

Sissy That Walk

 A/N: I will be on vacation for two weeks. I wanted to finish this book before then, but that hasn't worked out, so I give you three chapters. But just prepare yourself for the rest of the book, cause....its gonna get emotional. 

No one look at me. Please God, no one look at me. I chanted in my head as I walked hand in hand towards the mansion with Noel.  As soon as we had started up the driveway in the limo, I felt like everything was shutting down on me.

What if Victor recognized me? What if he dodged the bullets and we failed? I started to second guess myself and halted, turning around and making it my goal to get back to the limo, but Noel grabbed my arm and spun me around.

“You need to calm down. You only draw attention, unwanted attention. You need to go in there looking mysterious. Make them wonder who you are and make them want to find out.” He told me in a calming voice. Taking a few deep breathes, I linked my arm with his and we started towards the door again.

“Invitation please.” A man greeted us with the order as we reached the door. I opened up my clutch, and handed him the gold envelop. He checked the contents before tucking it into his clipboard. “Proceed.” He said and we tipped our heads to him in thanks and continued on into the mansion. The party was in full swing and as we entered, the noise quieted till the only sound was the jazz music playing and the quiet murmurs of the guests.

I cursed under my breath and Noel gave my arm a pat. Confidence. I heard him say in my head and I inhaled sharply before walking with him to the bar. I made sure to hold my head up and sway my padded hips. We made it to the bar and the chatter started to pick up as we ordered our drinks. I casually leaned back against the counter and scanned the crowd for the host.

“See him?” I asked Noel when I failed to find him.

“Yep, and he’s looking right at you.” He answered, and I looked at him to see him smirking. He nodded his head and I followed it, my eyes landing on the devil himself. I couldn’t lie and say Victor wasn’t attractive, because he was. But what he did and how he was made him hideous. I don’t care if you were sex on legs, if you abused our own wife, or family for that matter, you were ugly in my book.

But I had to seduce him, so that meant I had to look past the ugly and get my sexy on. I met his gaze and gave him a seductive smirk, grabbing my drink and sipping it. I looked over at Noel and he was watching me with amusement. “You must seduce people for a living.” He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“It’s all a part of the job.” I said simply and he snorted. I looked back over at Victor and saw him talking to someone, but then he looked up and winked when he saw me looking. I felt my cheeks flush ith heat, but my stomach was churning in disgust. Not only did he beat his wife, he was also going to cheat on her.

With me.

I quickly turned around at the thought and felt like throwing up. This was a bad idea. I wasn’t ready for this.

You need to stop thinking like a human, and think like a wolf. We are the masters of trickery. You are doing nothing wrong by giving this man what he deserves. Now stop acting like a wuss and act like an Alpha should. I was surprised that my wolf had actually spoken to me. I hadn’t heard from him since I mated with Lysander. But he was right. I needed to stop acting like this was going to fail, because if I kept thinking like that, it would. I needed to think like a wolf. Like an Alpha.

“So what did you and Lysander talk about while I was being tortured?” I asked, trying to change the subject from my almost mental breakdown. I glanced at Noel from the corner of my eye and saw him smirk.