Playful Heart [19] Hush Hush Hush

Chapter Nineteen

Hush Hush Hush

Everyone was rushing to their positions while I stood with my dad in the meeting room, putting all the information we had together.

Victor was coming to us now, and I was positive it was for Essie. Well maybe he was also pissed because we kind of shot him, but I think the real goal was getting his wife and child.

“Donte said his men were attacked a couple of miles from here.” Tyler informed us and my dad quickly added a red mark to the map we had.

“Do we know what they’re using? Weapons of any kind?” Victor and his men were shape shifters. They were either using machinery or their natural ability to fight. I just needed to know which one. Tyler left the room and returned a few minutes later with Donte behind him.

“They are shifting Alpha. We were attacked by mountain lions, even a few jaguars. While we were retreating though, I heard gun shots in the distance, so I believe they are using everything they have.” I groaned and slammed my fist down.

We didn’t have anything to protect us against guns.

“Tyler, Noel. I need you to go around and gather up everybody who can use a gun effectively. I need them to be sharp, because we will not have time to waste if they have only used one a couple of times.” They nodded their heads and left the room. I turned to Nate and he met my eyes.

“I need you and Hazel to go and collect as many weapons as you can.” They both headed out and I sighed, feeling my energy draining already. I had just been made Alpha not even five hours ago and was already thrown into shit.

“Kolya?” I looked up to see Lysander walking up to me. I smiled and held my arms out to him and he walked into them, lifting me off the ground in a hug. “How are you holding up?” He asked and I sighed again.

“Well, the good news is Victor hasn’t made a move in the last two hours. Everyone seems ready to fight, but I’m just worried about the guns their bringing.” I had full trust and confidence that my pack could hold their own against shape shifters. We did it once before, we can damn sure do it again.

But these shifters were bringing weapons that could actually kill us. The causalities were going to skyrocket and that was something I wanted to avoid.

“The town has been evacuated,” Luna announced as she walked into the room. “The members we could get from Hazels pack helped move them and have gotten with her and Nate to get the weapons you asked for.” And just as she mentioned that, I saw Tyler and Noel walk in.

“We’ve got about ten people who have professional experience with guns.” I felt a tiny weight lift off my chest at that news. Maybe we could win this.

Nate and Hazel returned with their weapons and we gave everybody their objectives. Hazel and a few others were stationed in the trees and on the roofs of some houses as our snipers. They were to look out and get rid of anyone who had a gun. Our goal was to execute the people with weapons, leaving us to fight with our fist. The rest were put in the top floors of houses, so they could shoot from the windows, getting anyone the snipers missed.

Everyone was gearing up for battle, hoping we could catch them in a surprise attack.

“Why do I feel like I’m in some kind of war movie? Or Mission Impossible?” Hazel joked as she strapped on her weapons, before joining the others on the roof of one of the houses. I rolled my eyes and turned to follow my dad when I heard a gunshot. I watched in horror as one by one, everyone we had positioned with a gun, fell from their place to the ground.