Playful Heart [20] Eyes Closed

Chapter Twenty

Eyes Closed

Victor had decided to let me go after I told him I needed to talk to my mate. I somehow convinced him that Lysander and Nate knew the rest of the information on where Essie was.

“I’ll just kill them if they refuse to tell me then.” He shrugged as he said it and I rolled my eyes.

“Because you would totally have the information after you killed them.” I said sarcastically and that’s how I managed to be escorted to our dungeons. Once inside the guard undid my handcuffs and threw me in the room.

“You have ten minutes to get the information.” He ordered and then closed the door, locking it behind him. I looked at the cage in front of me, frowning when I saw Luna, Tyler, Noel and Erin all asleep. I walked over to the other cage just as my friends ran over.

“Nikolai—“I could hear the sympathy in Navaeh’s voice as she began, but I held my hand up to her.

“My parents will come back from the dead if they found out I chickened out after they sacrificed themselves. I don’t have time to mourn.” Lysander reached out and grabbed my hand in his, giving it a squeeze. I so badly wanted to kiss him and just cry in his arms, but I had a job to do.

“What’s the plan then Alpha?” Hazel asked and I smiled at her.

“I told Victor I had to talk to you guys to find out where Essie is, but it really was an excuse to just get down here. They’re giving me ten minutes so I’m going to only say it once and that’s it.” They all nodded their heads that they agreed and I began telling them the plan. “I have no doubt in my mind that Victor is going to make me his servant until tomorrow morning, so this all has to happen tonight. He has himself stationed in my dad’s office, so I’m going to take the chance to kill him, while you guys get the key from the guard, get out of here and try to meet me in the office. Kill whoever gets in your way and then we will take the rest out together.”

“All ten of us take on hundreds of them?” Nate questioned and I smiled at him.

“Victor’s not as bright as he looks. He only brought about twenty men with him. There were more, but we took most of them out beforehand.”

“And how exactly do you plan to kill Victor by yourself. I’m sorry Nikolai, but I don’t feel safe leaving you alone to do that.” I squeezed Lysander’s hand and smiled at him.

“I have a plan for myself. I need your support to follow through with it though, so you have to promise you will not get mad. I need to do what I need to do.” I watched his face twist with anger and his grip on my hand tighten.

“Nikolai. Just what exactly are you going to do?” He growled.

“The thing I do best; seducing.” The door opened after I said that and I quickly let go of Lysander’s hand. The guard walked over and jerked my arm to turn me around, causing me to hiss in pain and Lysander to growl.

“Pipe down dog or you won’t get your chew toy.” The guard spat and I rolled my eyes. After so many years of werewolves being around, you would think the insults would have gotten better.

Guess not.

I followed the guard out of the room just as another walked into the room. I silently prayed that this plan would work as I was escorted to where Victor was.

“Well, did you get the information?” He asked and I nodded my head. He smiled and motioned for me to take I seat in the chair by the door. I obeyed and sat down. I shifted uncomfortable as he stared at me for what felt like forever until he finally spoke.