Eighteen

Sehun found Jongdae being weird after he left the house out of all sudden when they are back home for a few seconds and came home. He was grinning widely that everyone can tell from his expression that something good happened.

"Where did you went?" Sehun asked Jongdae as he stepped into the house.

"Convenience store." He held up the drink that he's holding and replied.

"Aren't you buying one for me too?" Sehun whined.

"Nah I don't have enough money. Why don't you just go and buy it yourself now?" Jongdae then suggested.

"Oh. Well fine I'll just get some mineral water for myself." Sehun rolled his eyes and replied. "Anyway, there's a letter of yours. I've just saw it earlier, and I think it's a love letter? There isn't any stamp on it and seems like the person just put it in our house mailbox." He said as he handed an envelope to Jongdae. Jongdae took the letter and found that on the envelope wrote neatly, 'To Jongdae.'

"Thank you, child." Jongdae told him and went upstairs.

Jongdae stared at the envelope for a while, thinking that the writing really look familiar. Is it from someone he's close to? Being curious, he opened the letter and started reading it.

Jongdae,

By the time when you're reading this letter, I think that I'm already on the car, heading to Busan. Yes, I am going back to Busan now. Sorry for not telling you earlier.

You know, you're the first friend other than Sehun and Woohyun that I made here. I don't have friends before, except for Howon like what I've told you before. I really envy you that you have a lot of friends together with you.

Friends always play an important role in one's life, as they might change each other. I am thankful for having you as a friend. Though you seemed like not seeing me as a friend at first, but I think that at last, you did too.

I want to thank you, that you taught me what love is, and how is it for liking someone. I like you, Jongdae. I really like you and that is the first ever time I ever feel something for someone.

I've read in a story once, where a side character told the female lead, that there are two type of person in the world, one is the type that will have the chance to experience what true love is, and another type is people who will never have a chance to being love and experience love.

The side character asked the female lead to choose which one she wanted to be, and she chose the first one. She said that even that love will bring hates, jealousy, heart breaks and more sad things, but what matters is she lived in the world that she was experiencing a love that brought her happiness, once.

A love too deep will always bring a sad ending. That is a lyric from a song named 'if we love again'. Well I think that it's true. I like you deeply, but at the end I still have no choice but leave your side too.

It's okay that you don't like me. I understand that you always have your girlfriend in your heart. I didn't wish for you to like me back too. So, don't be bother about this letter, because I just thought that I should at least tell you this before I leave.

We might wouldn't get the chance to meet again, Jongdae-ah. Or maybe, in the future, when we see each other on the street, we will just pass by each other, just like we've never met. Thank you for letting me experienced what love is. Thank you for it. I really like you. Really, really like you.

There's a poem of Tagore says, the life is the crossing of the sea, and we meet on a narrow boat. In death, we reach the shore together and go to our different world. I think that this is true. After this, maybe our life will just like parallel lines, not crossing paths again.