Chapter 3: We Switched Up Phones Cliche Pt 1

Amelia grunts when she notices she managed to pick up the wrong phone on her rush to get home last night. She shouldn't even fret as she knows or probably knows who got her phone. At least she hopes she's right. She dials her number and listens the ring. On the third ring, she lets out a breath of relief at the familiar voice.

"I was wondering when you're going to call." Maxie's voice says on the other side.

"Were you waiting for me to call?" Amelia teases biting her lower lip.

"Well considering you picked up the wrong phone, I was expecting a call." Comes the reply. Amelia stifles her laugh as some of her co-employees pass by her.

"You know you should really put a lock on your phone. Other people will snoop around and can blackmail you." She cautions playfully getting a dramatic gasp from the other girl.

"Good thing it's you then. Although you'll be disappointed. I got no secrets." Maxie informs her and despite not being able to see the other girl, she can hear the smirk in her voice.

"Your trust in me is quite high. You know I could be a creep and look at your photos or worse yet, use your account to get what I want." Amelia challenges and holds her breath for a reply.

"Are you a creep? I got the vibe that you're not that kind of a person Amelia." The way the other girl says her name makes her smile. "Tell you what, you can use my phone until you come and get yours."

"That's very generous of you." Amelia replies pausing to think. "Although I really need my phone for client meetings." She murmurs.

"How bout I take it to you? Just text me the address." Maxie suggests and she doesn't know why the girl would go through that length. Maybe because I have her phone, she thinks to herself.

"Are you sure? Won't your boss be wondering where you are?" She asks, not wanting to get the girl in trouble.

"Trust me my boss won't mind." Maxie reassures her and she thinks it over.

"Okay. I'll text you the address." Amelia answers and they finally say goodbye. She looks at the phone and smiles before texting Maxie the address.

Maxie smiles down at the phone only to notice Lori raising an eyebrow at her and with a knowing smile. She rolls her eyes before hiding the phone from those eager eyes.

"I see Maxie has a new boo." Lori teases making her groan and scrunch her face is disgust.

"Please never use the word boo again." Maxie deadpans cleaning the glass.

"Okay. Bae then." Lori says and Maxie loudly lets out an air of disgust.

"No. Just no." She dismisses. "And for your information, Amelia is a beautiful lady who happens to have my phone and in need to have hers." She takes note of the bubbling laughter of her friend.

"Mhm. Sure." Lori lets out, dragging the second word. "So this is all just so you can get your phone back? No because you want to see her again hidden somewhere?" Maxie stares at her friend, trying her best to keep her face neutral.

"I mean I don't mind seeing her again. She's actually a good change in environment." She answers and tries not to roll her eyes at the growing smirk on her friend's face. "I should go. I'll be back right away." She scurries out of the bar hearing Lori laughing like a crazy person before she closes the door.

Maxie stops in front of the building, double checking the address before going inside. She calls her phone and waits for Amelia to pick up. She looks around the place and took note of the decoration.