Chapter 15: I'm Sorry It Took Long For Me To Realize

Amelia walks into the bar to find the place packed as always. She weaves through the crowd, excusing herself as she tries to get to the counter as fast as she can. Once she finally finds her way, she breathes a sigh of relief when she sees her flipping bottles and entertaining the patrons and new customers at the bar. She smiles at the smile Maxie has on her face as she does her tricks, no doubt getting tips from everyone. 

Amelia makes her way near the bar when a girl with dyed blonde hair motion the bartender closer, she sees the way the girl whisper something in Maxie's ear before putting a 100 dollar bill on the girl's pocket. She witnesses Maxie give a smile to the blonde girl and she doesn't like it. She wants that smile to be directed at her but she can't think that way. She still needs to tell Maxie her feelings and she has to make a move now before anyone else does. 

She stands, since every bar stool is taken, at the end of the table and waits for the bartender to take notice. She doesn't mean to listen in on the conversation of the 3 girls to her right but she can't help herself when she hears the words 'bartender' and 'going home tonight'. She frowns as the blonde girl confidently states she's going to have a good night with the cute bartender. She's about to tell the girl off when Maxie gets near them and she finally take notice of her. She sees Maxie's amber eyes widen in surprise to see her standing there at the end of the bar table when she's supposed to be on a date, sees the smile makes its way to those lips before walking towards her and Amelia won't lie when she felt proud that the bartender ignored the 3 girls vying for her attention. Amelia is starting to get nervous as Maxie gets closer to her and the glaring looks thrown at her from the blonde girl and her minions is not helping.

"Hey you. I'm surprised to see you here." Maxie greets her, leaning against the bar top with that damn smile of hers. "Where's Marco?" She doesn't miss the venom laced in the guy's name as Maxie looks around as if trying to find him.

"I ditched him." Amelia answers getting another surprised look from the girl. "I've realized something and it didn't feel right to be with him." She says and she can hear the crack in her voice as she prepares to confess. "Maxie, there's something I need to tell you." She takes a deep breath, ready to just blurt it out when she's interrupted by the blonde.

"Excuse me. I believe miss bartender's time is mine." The blonde girl announces in an annoying voice that makes Amelia wants to punch her.

"Miss bartender has a name and you don't own her time." Amelia bites back sweetly. She almost shivers when an evil grin takes over the girl's lips.

"I've paid her for her time so I own it." The blonde states and she sees Maxie sigh before turning to the girl. "And I intend to get to know her intimately." The girl whispers to her and she didn't miss the innuendo. It fuels her anger, she's close to really punching the smirk off the girl's face when she sees Maxie placing the dollar bill back on the top in front of the blonde.

"Sorry but my time is only meant for her." Maxie tells her and Amelia swears she can see how red the blonde's face at the anger and possibly embarrassment. Maxie doesn't even bother looking at the girl as she says something to Lori. 

Amelia watches her walk around the bar table, lets the girl take her hand and lead her out of the crowd and not a glance back to the fuming blonde. She lets the raven haired girl take her to wherever she deems private and is just happy to have her hand around her wrist. They finally stop when they are far from the bar enough to not get disturbed.

"Maxie." She starts but sees Maxie signalling her to stay quiet and she complies. Maxie smiles as she takes her hand. Lacing their fingers and they start walking down the street. This, Amelia thinks to herself, is what I should feel around someone. She smiles to herself as she feels the warmth of the girl's hand against her clammy ones.