Chapter 27: Fight For Love

Amelia smiles as the spotlight shines against brightly at her and Logan. She tries to scan the floor for any new arrivals but the emcee is already talking making her look back at him.

"Amelia and Logan, you guys make a great couple." The emcee says as written in his script. "Tell me, how excited are you for the wedding?" He brings his mic up to Logan.

"Very excited." Logan answers with a smile before looking at her. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with such a beautiful and intelligent girl." He adds and Amelia barely contains her eyeroll. The emcee seems to accept the answer as he turns the mic to her. She opens her mouth only to hear that familiar voice booming around the room.

"What else do you know about Amelia aside from her beauty and intelligence?" Amelia squints her eyes against the bright light before Maxie comes into view. "I'm sure being her fiancé you know other things about her." The raven haired girl is wearing an easy smile as she gets closer to the stage and Amelia's breath hitches seeing her ex girlfriend. "So what else do you know about the girl you can't wait to spend the rest of your life with." From her peripheral she sees Logan smiling disbelievingly at the other girl.

"I'm sorry. Who are you exactly?" Logan asks with a smile but his voice holds anger in it.

"I'm the girl who loves Amelia Isabelle Porter." Maxie's simple answer earns gasps from the people in the venue. Amelia feels the butterfly fluttering wildly inside her stomach, threatening to break free as she listens to Maxie. "I'm the girl who will win her back." The sudden drop in her voice sends shiver down Amelia's spine. She hears Logan laugh in disbelief.

"I'm sorry but who invited you? Please get out before I call security." Logan warns, fumes when Maxie walks up the stage.

"You invited me." The raven haired girl hands the invitation. "Mackenzie Carson-Jensen. Nice to meet you Mr Logan Henson." Amelia watches as Maxie smiles at the man before golden eyes find hers. Their eyes stay lock with one another for a minute before Amelia can feel herself breathe again once those golden eyes move back to Logan. "Did you know Amelia cries during rom-com movies but she still loves watching them? Or that her favorite color is green because it reminds her of the fields in Iceland when she visited the country at the age of 8? Or that she takes small events and does it for free because she has a kind heart? Or she loves spring because it symbolizes new beginnings?" As all those things leaves Maxie's mouth, Amelia finds herself breathless once again before her heart stops when soft amber eyes gazes at her. "She loves so much that sometimes it scares me she won't have love left for herself. She gives so much that people will take it for granted. She protects so much that she lets herself get hurt in the process." Amelia can see the love in those eyes, the eyes that holds so much love for her it makes her heart beat too fast. "I'm sorry but I'm not going to let someone marry her just because she's beautiful and intelligent." She notes the change in Maxie's voice. "Do you love him?" Maxie asks. Amelia opens her mouth to speak but is cut off by the sound of her mother.

"Security!" Her mom yells. That snaps Amelia from her shock and she takes Maxie's hand. She needs to get her out of this place before her security reaches her. She manages to tug on the raven haired girl's hand but only reaches the edge of the stage before they stop.

"Maxie please." She pleads only to get a smile from the girl. Maxie squeezes her hand in reassurance.

"Do you love him?" Maxie asks her again softly, her panic mind can vaguely hear the heavy footsteps of the security team but she calms down when she meets amber eyes. "Tell me you love him and I'll walk away." Amelia closes her eyes as a soft, gentle hand caresses her face. When she opens her eyes, it's filled with love for the girl in front of her.