Chapter 4: We Switched Up Phones Cliche Part 2

The two decide to end the night with a walk around the city. Maxie insisting on paying for the bills and promises to let Amelia pay for the next time they'll hang out. She holds the door for the girl who thanks her before shooting a look at Lori who has been giving her a smug smile all night long. She knew the night will be quite chilly and was glad she brought her leather jacket with her. She sees Amelia shivering as a gust of wind blows over them and did the only thing she knows is right. She places the leather jacket over the girl's shoulders and grins at her when she's given a questioning look.

"It's fine. I'm not cold." Maxie tells Amelia to stop her from taking the jacket off. "Shall we walk?" She asks and when the other girl nods her head they start walking down the busy street. The silence that's taken over them is comfortable.

"I had fun tonight. This is the first time we hang out outside of work." Amelia mutters which Maxie agrees to.

"I hope this isn't the last time." Maxie responds with a smirk. "I enjoy your company. I don't think I can go on without you." She adds dramatically getting a laugh from her companion.

"The feeling is mutual." Amelia informs her and it's enough for her to grin. They walk until they reach Amelia's house. Maxie really doesn't want this night to end but she knows it has to. "Well this is me." Amelia announces. She nods in acknowledgement and stops the girl from taking her jacket off.

"Keep it. It looks good on you." She says, not knowing why but not caring.

"No no. You should get it back." Amelia protests only for her to shake her head.

"Seriously it's fine. I have another one at home." She insists. All she wants is for the girl to have something from her and she knows it's pathetic but she's not about to give a damn. "Take it as a thank you for being such a wonderful company." She smiles.

"Okay." Amelia answers. "I should give you something in return." She watches the girl dig through her purse before sighing defeatedly.

"Hey it's okay. You don't have to." She tells her chuckling.

"I'll give it to you next time." Amelia promises and all she can do is nod. "I better get inside. I think my mom is waiting for me." Maxie nods in agreement and is caught off guard when she feels arms wrap around her, pulling her into a hug. "Thank you again. I had a wonderful time." Amelia says when she pulls away.

"Pleasure's all mine." Maxie replies and watches as the other girl makes her way inside the house. She feels light and happy despite the fact that she'll have to walk back to the bar to get her car.

Amelia doesn't see Maxie for the next few days as her mom has her working on a huge event and she's been working nonstop. After her hang out with the raven haired bartender, her mom asked her questions which she answers in honesty before walking to her room. She's just happy her mom didn't bring up the matter once again and that she can focus on her work. She did manage to exchange some messages with her newly found friend. When she finishes everything she lets out a sigh of relief and lets herself relax. Her phone vibrates and she quickly checks it to see her friend sent her a message.

'We're gonna hang out at that bar we told you about. Care to join?' The message says and Amelia contemplates before saying yes. It has been a while since she's hang out with her girls and she deduces she deserves a night out.

She laughs to herself when she sees the now familiar name of the bar her friends decided to go to. She thinks that fate is somehow responsible for always throwing her and a certain bartender together. She touches the leather jacket she's currently wearing before going inside. As always the place is busy but not too crowded for her liking. She looks to the bar table but did not find the familiar raven haired bartender behind it. Amelia frowns before shaking her head she goes to look for her friends.