r

"josh, me and my mom are going to the grocery store, do you want to come?" tyler asked, picking up the crystal glass of mysterious beverage, probably dr.pepper or sweet tea, as that's all he ever drinks. (( don't comment about red bull ))

     "um, sure." josh answered looking up from his phone, smile flashing towards the other.

     "okay. do you need to shower?" josh knodded, and tyler led him upstairs to tyler's room. tyler offered to carry his bags upstairs, but seeing as he could hardly lift them off the ground, he decided to let josh do it.

     "okay, well. the shower's in the bathroom, which is kinda obvious. there's body wash and shampoo, but it smells pretty girly so we can get you different scents at the store later if you'd like." tyler suggested, pulling a towel out of his closet for josh to dry himself with afterwards.

     "girly soap is fine for now. i'd rather smell like you anyways." josh winked, causing a dusting of rose color to fall over tyler's cheeks.

  ☁

     "are you ready to go boys?" tyler's mom called from outside of the bedroom door. tyler and josh were previously laughing their heads off about a picture of a lizard wearing boots, silly right?

     "yeah, we'll be down in a minute." tyler called out, wiping the tears from his eyes. he rolled off the bed and walked towards his closet, opting for a pair of black and white old skool vans.  after both boys had chosen their shoes, and put them on, they headed downstairs.

     the boys followed tyler's mom outside and to the car, tyler offering the front seat to josh, but they both ended up sitting in the backseat.

     "so, josh. how do you enjoy your visit so far? i know you've only been here a day but, it's the polite thing to ask." tyler's mom asked, smiling at him in the rear view mirror.

     "it's been amazing, thank you." he replied, smiling back.

     tyler hummed and sang absentmindedly the whole ride to the store, and josh thought it was the most beautiful thing he's ever heard. he was too nervous to hold the boy's hand, but the two did engage in a game of footsies.

     when the group arrived at walmart, josh admired the storefront. it was an old walmart, he could tell because the illumintaed letters that hung on the face of the building were a yellowish white, and the building was brown instead of the blue he'd always seen in his city. he liked it though, the small building bringing a sense of warmth to him.

     inside, tyler's mom asked the boys to grab a cart and pick out whatever they'd like to eat for the time josh would be staying. she told them that if they needed her, she would be in the garden center.

🌙

      once the three had returned to tyler's house, it was nearly 8 o'clock. they had stopped at the sandwich shop beside the store and eaten there, since everyone was too exhausted to cook dinner.

     josh and tyler were sat on the sofa finishing up some mario game which they were too competitively involved in.

     "okay, you win." tyler pouted, arms folded over his chest like a todler who had just got told he couldn't have mac n cheese for every meal. ((me????))

     "well, i guess we should head to bed, it's getting pretty late." tyler sighed. "you can sleep in my bed if you want. if you're not comfortable sleeping together i can make a blanket fort on the floor."

     "i have a better idea. why don't we both make a blanket fort, and the dog can have the bed." josh suggested as the boys entered tyler's room, chuckling as their dog, hera, was already cuddled in tyler's sheets.

     "she does look pretty comfortable.... hey why don't you grab the pillows from the couch and i'll find some blankets." and so the boys did.

     once the fort was finished, the two put on a movie and soon fell asleep, and josh's arm may or may not have been wrapped around tyler's waist. but that's for you to decide.