Mother

Acropolis of Athens

January 3rd, XX14

PARTHENON – KRATOS' ROOM

The next day has started and Kratos still lays in bed asleep. The sun rays begin to slowly shine on his body. He emerges from his slumber with a loud yawn.

Kratos sits up off his bed while rubbing his eye. He looks over to his table and notices a nice juicy red apple with a mirror placed beside it. His curiosity grew the best of him, so he walked over to the table and saw a note placed on it. Kratos picks up the note and starts reading it out loud...

KRATOS

The desire for answers, the hidden secrets from within the body and spirit, a glance at the mirror is all it takes to grant you what you so truly desire.

His stomach starts to growl and his attention turned to the apple. Kratos picks up the apple observing if there's anything wrong with it. He takes a huge bite into the apple and says...

KRATOS

Nothing strange so far. Hmmm...It's just an ordinary apple.

He then looks down at the mirror while saying...

KRATOS

If this mirror can give me answers then maybe it can tell me what I really am. Can I really be a God?

Kratos picks up the mirror and starts looking closely at his reflection...

POV: KRATOS

Nothing has changed, the mirror only shows his reflection. Kratos just sighs and tosses the mirror on his bed in disappointment while saying...

KRATOS

That's disappointing, it's a lousy plan mirror but I guess that's what I get for believing a mirror to tell me what I am.

He begins to get dress to start off the day. However, in the meantime, the mirror started to emit a fluorescent light. The sound of laughter rises from within the room. Kratos ceases to put his sandals on and turns around to see the mirror glowing. He walks toward the mirror and sees that it's showing an image.

FRAME: MIRROR

FLASHBACK TO:

Sicily, Italy

June 10th, 1981

LOCAL PARK – PLAYGROUND

A little girl, Angelica, is playing on the children's side of the playground. She is in the sandbox hugging onto a stuffed doll. Angelica runs out of the sandbox and over to a bench which appears to be her mother. The woman face appears to be covered in a shroud of darkness making it hardly visible to Kratos. Angelica runs over to the woman and says...

ANGELICA (YOUTH)

Mommy, mommy!

The woman looks over to Angelica showing a smile....

END FLASHBACK/SWITCH TO:

PARTHENON – KRATOS' ROOM

The mirror stops showing the flashback and with a second to spare the image of the woman appears. Kratos falls to his knees and begins to have an emotional breakdown. The mirror then quickly disintegrates to dust. He screams out...