Shadows

Caesarea, Israel

January 6th, XX14

LIBRARY OF CAESAREA

A man wearing unfamiliar clothing is reading through hidden manuscripts in a ruined library...

ECU: MAN'S WRIST

He has on a cuff (bracelet) that is made of tree branches.

SWITCH TO:

Acropolis of Athens

January 6th, XX14

PARTHENON – HALLWAY

Kratos walks out his room and starts off the day with a little walk. He passes through the 2nd door, fixing his chlamys. At the corner of his eye, he notices Athena's door cracked. Kratos continues walking and then hears a man's voice. He doesn't recognize it so his curiosity gets the best of him.

Kratos heads toward the opposite side of the door and tries to overhear the conversation...

PARTHENON - ATHENA'S WORK ROOM

ATHENA

Kratos' training will proceed as scheduled. The end of the month is his deadline, so we can prepare him for the mission.

ARTEMIS

It might be a little earlier than that since all the distractions are gone.

Athena notices that there's a blocking light underneath the door, so she says...

ATHENA

Eavesdropping on a conversation is bad manners.

He enters the room and notices a man, Apollo, casually leaning against the wall. Kratos then asks Athena...

KRATOS

Uhhh who's this?

ATHENA

That is Apollo, Artemis' twin brother and also the God of Music.

APOLLO

Nice to finally meet you.

He waves with a friendly smile to Kratos. Kratos just responds with a wave back and says...

KRATOS

(To Athena)

You mentioned something about a mission?

ATHENA

We will inform you when your training is completed.

ARTEMIS

You will be sent to Atlantis for an investigation.

Athena signs from Artemis lack of confidentiality.

KRATOS

What happened?

ATHENA

I suppose there's no point in keeping it classified now.