Acceptance

RECAP

The Island of Íos

January 30th, XX14

EXT. ABANDONED ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH - NIGHT

Kratos stands outside collecting his thoughts after throwing up.

KRATOS

That's not right. How can someone do that?

The same little girl from the town walks out of the church. She closes the door behind her and tells Kratos...

LITTLE GIRL

The same way how people can forget the sins of their past and act like everything is perfectly fine.

He turns around to see a worried expression on the girls face.

KRATOS

Hey, I thought I told you to stay at home. Why are you here, it's not safe?

He tries walking over to her to provide comfort. However, before Kratos gets in arms distance, a scythe penetrates through the girl's body at the center of the heart. Kratos goes into shock. The little girl coughs up blood and begins to recites her last words to him in agony...

LITTLE GIRL

How come...you didn't save them? You promised *coughs* you were going to bring my parents back.

Her emotions start to change from weeping in agony to extreme frustration. The little girl reaches her last moments...

LITTLE GIRL

I-I-I HATE YOU-

The scythe slowly retracts from her body. Her now lifeless body falls down to the floor with a puddle of blood forming. Kratos falls to his knee's from the amount of shock.

Suddenly, the church's doors begin to open. A dark figure walks out while saying...

KRATOS (OH)

How does that make you feel...unable to save that girls parents let own save her life?

The moonlight reveals the figure appearance and it turns out to be Kratos (OH). Kratos looks up at him and goes into a furious unstoppable rage...

KRATOS (OH)

Shall we begin, brother?

A sudden burst of incredible speed, Kratos reels in for a punch toward Kratos (OH). Kratos (OH) looks at him with a villainous smirk. He easily blocks Kratos' attack by intercepting the punch.

KRATOS (OH)

So anxious. You certainly haven't changed from the last time.

Kratos (OH) pulls him closer and delivers a fatal knee to the stomach. He looks down to him and says...

KRATOS (OH)

But you know what...I have.

Kratos looks up at him and sees the same bloodlust induce glare that Hermes had in his eyes. He coughs up blood and Kratos (OH) delivers another attack by kicking him in the left side of his ribcage. He is sent rolling to the side and stopped by hitting his back against a tree.