Chapter 6: Floor 27

The next day brought Kirito confidence and a great sense of enjoyment.

Today was the day that he and the Sleeping Knights would tackle floor 27 of Aincrad, and then, conquer it.

Kirito headed straight to the inn where the Sleeping Knights hold out.

Kirito was greeted by Yuuki at the front door.

"Ready to get started!" Exclaimed Kirito with enthusiasm.

"You know I am!" Yuuki replied with equal energy, "Are you ready Sleeping Knights!"

"YEAH!" The Sleeping Knights rang.

The 27th floor of Aincrad was no problem for Kirito or the Sleeping Knights. Kirito was surprised by the sheer team work that the Sleeping Knights brought. They all were strong players and worked great as a guild; it made Kirito rethink his opinion on guilds after seeing them in action. The further they went, the more Kirito thought about the idea of not only Yuuki "living" in game, but also all of the Sleeping Knights. This thought stayed in Kirito's head the entire way to the boss room; so much so that he considered doing some research of his own on these players.

While Kirito was never the one to invade the privacy of other players personal lives within the real world, the movements and actions of the Sleeping Knights seemed a bit off. Great reaction times, solid and fluid motions, and perfect timing. It was all like second nature to them.

"They have a secret, I know it," Kirito thought to himself, "I'm sorry guys, but I got to make sure your in the right."

"Something wrong Kirito?" Asked a soft voice.

Kirito looked and saw Yuuki.

"No, why do you ask?" Asked Kirito

"It seemed like something was bothering you, are you sure your ok?" Insisted Yuuki, still with the sad face.

"..."

"Don't look at me with that face." Said Kirito.

"Huhh..." replied Yuuki with a surprise.

"I don't like seeing you sad."

"..."

"When I see you, your always smiling, so don't go giving sad faces now you hear. When you smile, I smile."

"Oooo.. ok." Replied Yuuki with a smile this time accompanied with her own light red blushes.

The sleeping knights continued all the way through the 27th floor of Aincrad until they reached the Boss door.

"OK!"

"We made it guys, so now's the time for the boss fight, are you ready!"

"YES!" The sleeping knights said as one.

"Then lets..." Kirito suddenly stopped when he saw players by the boss door.

The group seemed to notice them when Yuuki walked up to them and asked a question:

"Excuse me, we want to try to take on the boss, can you let us through?"

"I'm sorry, but we're waiting on the rest of our guild to arrive," the larger one said.

"Then can we at least go before your guild gets here?" Asked Yuuki a second time.

"Our guild will be here any minute, you can wait until we're done."

"That can take an 1 hour at most with a guild," Kirito thought to himself.

"So basically your saying that you won't move no matter what we say, right?" Yuuki said.

"Well, yeah that's the base of it."

"Then I guess we'll have to fight our way through."

"What!?"

Yuuki and the sleeping knights drew their swords.

"Don't you think this is a little unnecessary Yuuki?" Kirito asked despite knowing that a fight was the best option left for them.

"Kirito..."

"... there are some things you can only communicate with action, such as how serious you are."

After Yuuki spoke she and the rest of Sleeping Knights engaged the players in front of them.