Chapter 10: A Tempering Blade

Three days later:

Kirito has been searching for Yuuki every since she last logged onto ALO.

Countless hours asking players in game and searching for online clues has narrowed his search to almost something.

She was an elusive girl: Unknown housing, family, school records or anything. All he has to go on was her in game title, Zekken, and her player name Yuuki.

Kirito was worried. The one place he hasn't checked was the most worrying of all: Hospital records.

Kirito looked up the name YUUKI:

Of course the name Yuuki was a common last name, but for first names was a different story

Of course the name Yuuki was a common last name, but for first names was a different story. Kirito narrowed the search to intensive care and scrolled through the results.

Scanning through the details and reports, he looked for anything that could give him a clue to the girl he was looking for.

Hours and hours spent through the medical records only left him with 8% of the total files covered.

Kirito sighed and the narrowed the results to special cases/Experiments. The patients must have some sort of special care as there able to log on to ALO.

One result: Yuuki Konno

Name: YUUKI KONNO

Age: 15

Medical Details: Yuuki Konno is diagnosed with AIDS and is critical condition. The patient was checked into the hospital 3 years ago and is worsting as time goes on. She has no family left and is trusted in the care of the Hospital for care.

Report Date March 28th, 2026: Yuuki is predicted to die on March 29th. The patient is far beyond saving.

Kirito dropped his eyes. She's going to die? How? Why? Why can't I do anything?