Chapter 11

Please read the Author's Note at the end. .

Enjoy! :)

______________________

Recap:

"Well, well, well who do we have here?" Jordan's voice rang through me from behind. I instantly stood up from my crouched position and turned to face him.

"Who was that? It kind of sounded like Jordan. ." Danny spoke into the phone, while traveling off towards the end, probably figuring out what was happening, "Oh God, Talon! You didn't! You're going to get yourself killed!"

I could form words as I stared at the man in front of me. He looked so died, unusual, and fidgety, not to mention he was holding a gun in front of my face. I pulled the phone down from my ear and brought it to my side, all the while keeping an eye on Jordan.

"Jordan," It was the only word I could seem to get out of my mouth at the moment.

He let out a full on hearty laugh, shaking his head while still keeping the gun pointed towards me, but I could see his hands shacking with nerves as he held it towards me, "Talon West, playing the usual knight in shining armor as he tries to rescue the damsel in distress."

"I'm not just trying. I will rescue her from your filthy hands," I sneered out at him, unable to keep my anger in check.

"You won't succeed, that's for sure. You're defenseless, Talon! What do you plan on doing? Text me to death? Call the police? Now that seems like something you'd do," Jordan as he laughed again.

"You don't know anything about me," I said as I glared at him as I slowly brought my free hand around to my back and carefully grasped the gun I had.

He looked at me with a sick smile, "Don't I? I know your parents are too busy working constantly to even give you a second glance. I know you like to toy with girls, you're a player Talon. Do you really think you can make Jessica happy? Ha! Well, I know that you can never truly make Jessica happy. I know you're just toying with her feeling and emotions just because you know I want her and because we belong together, not you and her! You've ruined everything for us! And finally, I know she doesn't love you."

"You need help Jordan," I said after a long moment, "Some of what you said is true, yes, but the things you said about you and Jessica meant to be together is a bunch of bull. Jordan, you're being delusional and look at what it's all caused. . you kidnapped Jessica for Christ sake!"

"Shut up! Shut up!" Jordan all but screamed out. His face was now red with anger as his grip on the gun tightened and shook more uncontrollably.

"Jord-" I started, but was instantly cut off. I faintly heard Danny yelling something through the phone at me, but I wasn't paying any attention to him. My focus was on the man in front of me.

"I said shut up!" He yelled once again as he took a step towards me. My grip on my gun tightened as I grabbed it and lifted it out of the back of my pants, still keeping it behind my back and unnoticed, "You don't deserve her! She belongs with someone who will give her the world and I'm the guy to do that! Not you!"

Now standing in front of me at arm's-length, the gun that's pointed at me clicked just as I turned off the safety and brought the gun out from behind my back. Jordan's eyes were wide with shock. Each of us had a gun pointed at each other with nothing but silence feeling the air. Before I could process what was happening, Jordan lunged at me making me drop the phone and my gun. He landed a few punches on my face and stomach before I rolled us over and started punching him repeatedly. That went on for a good few minutes, us switching back and forth throwing punches at one another. Until finally, a loud gun shot went off in the silence of the night.