Chapter 14

Please read the Author's Note at the end. .

Enjoy! :)

_________________

Recap:

"Alright, well let me know if I can help you with anything else. Okay? And if you need anything don't hesitant to ask one of the nurses," He said looking at me for a moment before turning around and walking down the hall and disappearing behind a corner.

I stood out here in the hall for what felt like an hour, contemplating on what to do next and trying to contain my heartbeat and breathing. Once I did, I finally gathered up the courage to open the door to Talon's room.

With a shaky breath, I finally opened the door and entered his room. Once my eyes adjusted to the dimly lit room, my eyes immediately landed on the different machines that surrounded the bed around Talon. When my eyes landed on him. He's just as handsome as before, but his skin was paler and his hair is tousled all over the place, along with a medium sized blue tube was stuck down his throat.

"Oh, Talon," I breathed out as I tried to contain a sob that was about to release. I slowly and cautiously walked my way toward him until I made it to the edge of the bed where a chair sat. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, my heart broke as there was no hand squeezing mine back like it usually does, it's just laying lifeless in my hand.

My grip on his hand never released even as I leaned over him and brought my other hand up and gently swept his hair out of his face. I leaned down and kissed his face all over; from his forehead to his cheeks to his closed eyelids, then finally to his pale, red lips.

"Please, Talon. Please wake up soon," I whispered shakily as I took a seat in the chair and gripped his hand tighter, "I need you. . the baby, it needs you Talon."

I silently cried as I watched him as one of my hands held onto Talon while the other rubbed my flat stomach.

_________________

We Lost Control - Chapter 14

Weeks have passed, two to be exact, since Talon was first admitted into the hospital. The doctor took him off his medically induced coma a week ago, saying that he's fine, but it's taking a little bit more time for him to heel and that he'll wake up when he's ready.

The thing that kills me the most is the waiting and hoping each day I see him is the day he wakes up, but it never is. I still stay with him at night and in the mornings when either my parents or Danny comes, I go to the motel that Talon was staying in to shower, sleep, and eat a little. I find comfort in that room. His smell lingers around the room, setting my nerves in peace.

It wasn't always like that though. The first few days of Talon in the hospital, I didn't want to leave him. I wouldn't eat and didn't leave his side to even use the bathroom, but eventually Danny talked some sense into me. Telling me that Talon would be fine and couldn't wake up anyway because of the medicine and Talon wouldn't want me to be pacing around the room like a zombie. My thoughts instantly went to him and the baby. I still haven't told my parents or Danny about it, I wanted Talon to be the first to know. So that's why I got myself together and decided that the best thing I could do for Talon is to take care of myself and the baby for him so that's what I've been doing ever since.

It's Saturday night now and Danny just left. My parents had to fly back to Los Angeles yesterday because of work, but said that they'd be back by Monday. So here I sat reading out loud to Talon and myself, one of the pregnancy books I got down the road at the bookstore. My hand's still placed gently in Talon's as I squeeze occasionally, hoping I'd get a squeeze back in return.