Cherik Smut pt. 2

This one Charles is in the wheelchair so just pretend he can walk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come Home (Holiday Special)- Charles/Erik

I'll be home for Christmas - E.L.

Charles had to read the note twice before the implication sunk in. His mouth curled into a bright smile and he steered his way down the halls of the mansion, "Raven! Where are you?"

Raven raced around the corner and almost crashed into him. She took a brief moment to catch her breath, "What is it? What's wrong?"

He passed her the note, smiling widely, "He's coming home."

Raven sighed, "Finally. Oh, and don't call out like something's on fire again unless there is actually a fire. You almost gave me a heart attack. Where did you find this?"

Charles took back the note and tucked it in his pocket, "On my desk. He must've had Azazel deliver it while we were out."

Raven shook her head but she was smiling, "Your boyfriend is such a drama queen."

Charles snorted, "Like your girlfriend is much better. How is Angel?"

Raven grinned, "She's fine. She says that she's too busy to come here for Christmas though."

Charles gripped her hand, "Something will work out. Raven, what should I get Erik for Christmas?"

Raven's jaw dropped, "Charles! Christmas is just five days away and you haven't bought something for your boyfriend!"

Charles flinched and defended, "I didn't think that I'd get to see him and it's Erik! It's not my fault that he's practically impossible to buy for."

Raven groaned, "Is this going to be a team effort?"

Charles smiled sheepishly, "Maybe. Just... anything except turtlenecks."

Raven snorted, "I'll call in the cavalry and you can have a look online." She leaned down to kiss his cheek, "Don't worry Charles. We have five days."

Christmas Eve

The problem with Erik's note was that it wasn't exactly specific. It didn't say when exactly Erik was going to be home. On impulse, Raven had decided that morning that she was going to visit Angel for Christmas. After a few calls later and Raven had left so Charles had rattled around the mansion on his own for the rest of the day. He'd made hot chocolate, watched the snow from the window thanks to Storm who couldn't stand Christmas without snow and he'd read Christmas stories with Christmas carols playing in the background. As he was alone, he spent the day in his pyjamas since that there was no one to bully him into wearing real clothes for once.

Usually the holiday season was a busy, noisy affair from the first of December (November if Raven could get away with it) to January. However, this year, all of Charles friends were away doing their own thing. Sean was with his family, as was Alex and Scott. Darwin was working. Everyone was busy.

Charles loved working from home but when there was nobody around the large house felt empty and rather depressing. He'd also not seen Erik for a month although they'd spoken a lot on the phone as usual. After six years of being together Charles was used to the long periods between seeing each other but that didn't mean that he liked them. He was insanely proud of his hot-shot lawyer boyfriend fighting for mutant rights but he was constantly travelling and Charles was lonely.

Charles fell asleep on the sofa which was just about the worst thing for his back. He moved pretty well for someone who'd only been in a wheelchair for two years but old habits die hard and Charles still had the tendency to fall asleep in the most uncomfortable places.