4

Kagami walked away from the basketball court and found a quiet spot. When he knew no one to be looking, he changed his surroundings and transporting himself to be in the foothills of Mount Fuji. To any human, this would've looked as if Kagami had just disappeared into thin air. So Kagami wanted to travel with as little disturbance as possible and without anyone questioning what he was.

He found a ranger station and changed his scene to there. He felt around the thoughts of people there feeling for a presence of Aomine. Unfortunately there was none. Kagami sighed rather heavily, he just didn't understand how a human could have such little impact on other humans as to not even be remembered in a distant thought.

Still, Kagami kept sifting through the thoughts swirling in the heads of the people around him. He just looked for any thoughts about people they knew, hoping that one of them might know Aomine even if they'd forgotten his name. To his luck, Kagami found a thought in the head of the ranger who knew of a man living completely in the wilderness around Mount Fuji. The ranger even remembered finding it poetic because the man's name meant light of the blue mountaintop.

Kagami knew that had to be Aomine. He tried to sift through the ranger's thoughts to see the last place the ranger had seen the man. The ranger hadn't seen the man for over a human year now and was almost sure that the man had been eaten by some predator in the mountains.

Kagami couldn't believe this was the case. He wouldn't be sent to find a dead human, would he? And even a dead human would still have an energy signature or at least some kind of handle to make them easy to find. That was just how angels kept track of deceased humans. No, Aomine had to be alive. Only now he had to find him the human way of looking. No one else would know where the elusive man would be.