19

"Aomine," Kagami shook Aomine's shoulder, trying to wake him. It was still the middle of the night and the stars were shining bright. He didn't have much time, he knew that if he didn't get Aomine to heaven, the angels would come looking for him. "Aomine." He shook the bluenette's shoulder again.

Aomine opened his eyes to small slits, just looking up at Kagami. He yawned, stretching his arms out, "What is it? I want to sleep."

Kagami bit his lip, furrowing his brow. He didn't want to disturb Aomine, but he had to. "I have to take you back to heaven and if I don't they'll come here."

Aomine looked at him directly, his expression surprisingly blank. He didn't seem mad or upset at all. "And you're a good angel who follows orders."

Kagami looked down, he felt... guilty. He didn't want to bring Aomine back to where he would surely be killed. "I can stall them so you can leave."

"No," Aomine shook his head, sat up to look at Kagami, "If I do that, they will surely kill you too." He reached out to gently touch Kagami's cheek, "And I won't let them do that."

Kagami nuzzled his cheek against Aomine's hand. It felt so warm on his skin and made his heart feel warm inside too. He didn't know the feeling, at least not the word for it, but he knew this was different from happy. It was more than just happy.

Aomine laughed a little, rubbing his thumb along Kagami's cheek. "You've really changed." Kagami furrowed his brow tilting his head a little bit to the side. Aomine clarified, "Does it even hurt anymore? To have me so close?"

"It doesn't..." Kagami paused, thinking. He hadn't even noticed that it didn't cause him to have a headache anymore. He thought that he'd just gotten used to the heavy pounding in his head, but that wasn't what was going on now. He didn't feel the pain at all.

"But you can feel now, right? Happy, sad, all of them," Aomine smiled, caressing Kagami's cheek. Kagami just nodded in response, he could feel and he liked it. Aomine laughed, "Sorry for corrupting you."

Kagami shook his head, "I don't regret it."

Aomine laughed again, taking his hand away from Kagami's cheek. Kagami couldn't keep himself from pouting a little, he liked Aomine's warm hand and now his cheek felt cold without it. He wasn't sure if Aomine noticed his reaction though because Aomine just said, "We're actually farther through the steps than you think. I am one step away from becoming an angel again."

"I don't remember you ever saying what the fourth step was," Kagami looked back at Aomine, brows knitted together.

"That was," Aomine paused, looking away, "To make an angel feel as humans do." Kagami stared at him, he didn't believe that he was actually part of Aomine's steps to become an angel again. Aomine let out a breath, looking back at Kagami, "I'm sorry to have used you."

Kagami looked down, he felt his knees weaken in the gaze of Aomine's blue eyes. He shook his head slightly, "No... it's alright."

"I'm sorry, but," Aomine moved closer to Kagami, sitting so they were barely inches apart. He once again reached out to rest his fingers on Kagami's chin, lifting his face towards his own. "You're also part of the fifth step. The last step is to show an angel what it is to love."

Kagami could feel his face heat up and he didn't even know why. Was it because of Aomine's words or that he was so close or that his hand was on his chin? He didn't know, but all of it made his heart race. He breathed, "Love..." Was that what this feeling was?

"I can't force you to do this and if you don't want to, I understand." Aomine smiled, rubbing his thumb over Kagami's soft lips. "You don't have to feel pressured to do anything."

His heart was beating so fast, he was sure it would beat right out of his chest. He didn't know all of what it meant to be loved or in the context that Aomine meant, but he wanted to know. He wanted Aomine to be the one to show him. He nodded slowly, "I want to..."

Aomine smiled, looking right into Kagami's red eyes. He leaned in, pressing his lips to Kagami's. Kagami let his eyes close, he liked the sensation, Aomine's lips were warm and soft and the pressure against his own lips felt like magic. After a moment, Aomine pulled back a little. Kagami slowly opened his eyes to look into Aomine's blue ones, a smile spreading across his face.

"You really are precious," Aomine smiled, leaning in to kiss Kagami again. This time, Kagami returned the gesture, following along with Aomine's lead. Aomine deepened the kiss, an arm wrapped around Kagami's back as he slowly leaned him back to lay in the grass.

[A/N: I hope you're enjoying this and have enjoyed the build up of the AoKaga feels! There will be some drama to come, but it'll be okay 😊 let me know what you think! Should I include a part that details their love affair??]