28

"Aomine," Kagami shook his head, he didn't appreciate Aomine lying to him like this, after everything he'd done for him, it wasn't fair. "Don't lie. There are no other fallen angels, there was just you."

"You're right, there wasn't," Aomine stepped forward, taking hold of Kagami's hands, "But the person who got my grace, they weren't angel, at least not at first."

Kagami shook his head, pulling his hands away, "That's not possible. Humans can't turn into angels."

"They can," Aomine stepped forward, a hint of pleading in his voice, "I did."

He let out a small laugh, looking away from Aomine's sapphire eyes, "But you were an angel and then you weren't and now you are again. Because you took it from me."

Aomine stepped back, smiling sadly, "That's just it, when an angel falls, you can't just take their grace, you can't choose to whom it'll go." He looked Kagami right in the eye, "It goes to the person they love most."

Kagami swallowed, he couldn't think of what to say. He knew he loved Aomine, this shouldn't be news, but why did it feel like he didn't know? "What?"

Aomine reached out to Kagami again, "It goes to the person you love most, and it only stays with them if they love you back." He smiled, letting out a sad laugh, "Tragic isn't it? If the two people truly love each other, they're destined to be kept apart. Humans and angels don't live in the same world, they can't."

Kagami swallowed, was it all true? Did Aomine really have Kagami's grace because he loved Aomine the most and Aomine loved him back? He so dearly wanted it to be true. He wanted to believe that Aomine truly loved him and wasn't just tricking him. He thought back to what Aomine had said before, "Did all of this happen when you fell?"

Aomine nodded, "I fell from Heaven because I fell for a human. The human got my grace, became an angel, forgot everything about his human life." Aomine paused, "Being with you reminds me of him."

"Oh..." Kagami looked down, it was good to have it explained for how Aomine knew any of this, but to remind Aomine of someone he used to know... it felt lonely. "You still love him, don't you?"

"I do." Aomine's response was immediate, it made Kagami want to cry. "Even though he'd forgotten, I know he loves me again too."

Kagami looked back up at Aomine, one word catching in his mind. "Again?"

He smiled sadly, reaching out to gently touch Kagami's cheek, "He was a good angel, he forgot his emotions along with everything else. But deep down, it was still a part of him."

Was an angel? Kagami's mind wasn't processing fast enough. "Wh-who is the angel, the one you fell for?"

"Taiga."

[A/N: what do you think of this part? did you see that coming? did it come from way out in left field? liking it? think they can be together or separated like Aomine seems to think?]